Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

2006 PT Cruiser sirius module location

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jan 2010, 07:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2006 PT Cruiser sirius module location

Hello,
I have a 2006 PT Cruiser with the Boston Acoustics sound system, I want replace the factory head unit with a PIONEER AVIC-X910BT. My roommate modified his 2006 PT Cruiser and put in a PIONEER AVIC-F700BT with no problems last year and it looks great! He did not have the Boston Acoustics system. I love the built-in GPS system, and IPOD music control. He also threw in a back-up camera, great for when people are tail-gating you!

My question is, does anyone know where the factory installed Sirius module is located? I want to get the Pioneer Sirius module and want to use the factory installed Sirius antenna, just want to make sure I can plug it into the Pioneer Sirius module.

Or better yet, does anyone know if the factory installed Sirius module will work with after market head unit? This I really don't think is possible, but will ask.

Thanks!
Old 25 Jan 2010, 10:23 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to partyd
Default Re: 2006 PT Cruiser sirius module location

the Sirius tuner is only made to wotk with the factory radio not after market head unit
the factory antenna will work with any brand satellite radio, sirius or xm
good luck
Old 21 Apr 2010, 08:48 am
Fresh Cruiser

I also have an 06 PT that came with Sirius with the factory head unit but no Boston Acoustics. When I installed my aftermarket head unit with Sirius, I had to install a new antenna as well because I couldn't find a way to hook up the factory antenna to the new head unit. By the way, I also installed a canbus interface thinking that I'd be able to get the digital readout of the stations, etc. (where the temp and direction also shows) but after doing that, the canbus interface only allows you to leave the stereo on for 10 min. or when someone opens either front passenger door, whichever happens first. Hope this helps.
Old 22 May 2010, 02:15 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to partyd

You have to take apart the plastic from connector to plug the factory antenna