PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Auxilliary input help

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Oct 2010, 02:06 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Auxilliary input help

The thing is I don't know how to take it apart..I want to to see if it's possible that it can be put back into place, but I don't know how to open the dashboard up and get to the radio.
Old 05 Oct 2010, 02:45 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Oh, ok . Speakers removal HOW TO
Shows schematics on how its all put together, easy enough to follow. Go for it. the dash is pretty sturdy, so you dont have to be too gentle
Check the 'center console' link
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.
Old 05 Oct 2010, 10:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the link, I really appreciate it. Maybe my grandpa can help me take it out with these instructions.
Old 05 Oct 2010, 11:25 am
Fresh Cruiser

On the aux input 2006 pt touring I bought one at radio shack, BUT the one on the radio or in the radio is soildered to the circuit board and has 5 or 6 pins, there are several other threads that talk about how to remove and "rig" a new input with just two wires but it would have to be soildered in and then hangs out the front. The dealer says it is not servicable and must be sent to the factory to be refurbished or replace the entire radio. I have decided to replace the entire car so I just gave up trying to fix it. Sorry I don't have better news or solutions but I have found that there are few easy ones with this car!
Old 05 Oct 2010, 12:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks...
Old 19 Oct 2010, 03:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I pulled the part but couldn't find it anywhere. There are no numbers on it.
Old 06 Sep 2017, 01:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingv8 View Post
I have a 2006 base model ragtop and the aux. input broke when I accidentally bumped the plug that was sticking out of it. I took the stereo out (which was suprisingly easy) and removed the face plate and curcuit board (just unscrewed them) to reveal the back of the input plug. I proceeded to unsolder and remove the input plug and solder a wired 3.5mm male plug. you have to feed the wire in to the faceplate hole first before soldering to the circuit board. I can give you the correct TRS locations if you need them. I put a knot in the wire before soldering and adjusted it so that when the faceplate was reinstalled the knot would protect the delicate newly soldered wire from being pulled out through the front. The wire hangs there out the front which kinda sucks but I pluggwd my MP3 player in and mounted it to the dash with some velcro and it's working fine. It's good for now until I can afford to replace the stereo. The input plug is made very badly and breaks so easily. I would have just replaced the plug but I couldn't find one like it. Hope this helps.
Hey, my wife's AUX input got broken so I'm looking to do this exact same thing for her stereo, I know this post was 7 years ago, but is it possible you could still provide the TRS locations so I can solder it correctly the first time round? I don't know where to find the information otherwise, any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 06 Sep 2017, 02:23 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmcathcart View Post
Hey, my wife's AUX input got broken so I'm looking to do this exact same thing for her stereo, I know this post was 7 years ago, but is it possible you could still provide the TRS locations so I can solder it correctly the first time round? I don't know where to find the information otherwise, any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Welcome to the forum

You might try sending him a PM, the last time he was on the forum was 07/18.

If you can't fix your stereo, you can get replacement faceplates off Ebay for a reasonable price. There are just a few screws and a ribbon cable. Some of the lights burned out on my stock stereo and they cannot be replaced. I was able to get a replacement faceplate for $15 off Ebay, swapped them and has worked fine for a few years now.

When you get a chance, please go to Welcome New PT Cruiser Members - PT Cruiser Forum and create an intro thread.
JDK52 and ryanmcathcart like this.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
150k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 06 Sep 2017, 07:37 am
Fresh Cruiser

Had the same problem with my sons Mazda truck,all I did bought a $20 bluetooth hands free kit off Ebay,plugs into cigarette lighter has aux input ,plays mp3 answers phone and plays back on a spare FM station on the radio.

Dash.
Old 06 Sep 2017, 09:11 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmcathcart View Post
You are in luck, this inexpensive aux adapter works great with the stock stereos in most 2nd Gen (2006 thru 2010) PT's.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can add this bluetooth adapter to the ipod plug and have bluetooth for music too but not phone calls. This is exactly the setup I have in my PT Vert.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's a link to my write up on all this:

Handy's New Turbo Convertible PT Project!

This little setup works pretty good. My sweetie and I usually listen to Pandora when we cruiser.

wingman55 likes this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 06 Sep 2017 at 09:28 am.