PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Auxilliary input help

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jun 2010, 02:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Auxilliary input help

Hi, I'm new to the forums, and am in desperate need of help.
Fenrir is a 2007 PT Cruiser Base model, no bells and whistles. Bought her at 28,500 miles 2 years ago, currently 49900.
Anyway, My auxiliary input is screwed. The metal bit inside moves around, and i have to mess with whatever i plug in to make the sound come out of all channels. I believe there was a cap on the front that held everything in place, but it's no longer there. (Thanks babe!) Is there any way that i can fix this problem without buying a whole new dash setup? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Fenrir; 23 Jun 2010 at 02:18 pm. Reason: grammar
Old 30 Jun 2010, 02:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Auxilliary input help

Hi I was just looking for the same help my girlfriend has a 2006 Touring and the same thing has happened the whole thing is now in pieces I want to replace it or fix it the dealer only knows how to replace the entire radio so there is no help with them. I will continue to search if i find a solution I'll let you know hope you and I find one soon can't stand the radio!
Old 30 Jun 2010, 03:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I had the same problem with mine, but luckily it was still under warranty at the time so I got a whole new radio. Can't be off any help but at least yours is not the omly on
Old 01 Jul 2010, 10:11 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I suggest you visit PT Forums and post that you're looking for a stock radio - I've seen several for sale from people who have upgraded.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 01 Jul 2010, 11:06 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the info, but I really just want to replace the input if I can it is right on the front of the radio looks like a easy fix just gotta find one thinking radio shack maybe.
Old 07 Aug 2010, 07:44 am
Young Cruiser

i just noticed your thread and wandering if you got it fixed yet or not !?

i stopped using mine when it started to jiggel in place, and was thinking of replacing it with new one, i was thinking radio shack !! i hope you have the answer
Old 07 Aug 2010, 09:00 am
Fresh Cruiser

Just picked up a new one from Radio Shack couple days ago but haven't installed it yet it was $1.95 I was hoping someone had done it and could tell me how to do it. If I figure it out I'll post it ASAP.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 08:16 am
Fresh Cruiser

I have a 2006 base model ragtop and the aux. input broke when I accidentally bumped the plug that was sticking out of it. I took the stereo out (which was suprisingly easy) and removed the face plate and curcuit board (just unscrewed them) to reveal the back of the input plug. I proceeded to unsolder and remove the input plug and solder a wired 3.5mm male plug. you have to feed the wire in to the faceplate hole first before soldering to the circuit board. I can give you the correct TRS locations if you need them. I put a knot in the wire before soldering and adjusted it so that when the faceplate was reinstalled the knot would protect the delicate newly soldered wire from being pulled out through the front. The wire hangs there out the front which kinda sucks but I pluggwd my MP3 player in and mounted it to the dash with some velcro and it's working fine. It's good for now until I can afford to replace the stereo. The input plug is made very badly and breaks so easily. I would have just replaced the plug but I couldn't find one like it. Hope this helps.
wingman55 likes this.
Old 05 Oct 2010, 01:43 am
Fresh Cruiser

Did you actually find a replacement auxiliary plug for your car? I just posted earlier about my auxiliary plug being loose and damaged. If this is true it gives me some hope that this might can be fixed..
Old 05 Oct 2010, 01:45 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Take it apart and look at it. Even if you need to replace it, your going to need to pull it apart first
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.