PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Question!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Jul 2010, 10:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Cool Question!

Hi everybody!
Im new here, and I don't have a PT Cruiser. I just absolutely love them. I might be buying one, but had a few questions for owners.
If I get one, It'd be a 2010. People with a 2006 or newer Cruiser, how is the base stereo? I test drove a 10 recently, and the salesman was a jerk, so I didn't really get to play around with the stereo. I turned it on and listened, but it sounded terrible. So i was just wondering for owners who can adjust the stereo, HOW DOES IT SOUND? Is it overly bass-y or treble-y? Please lemme know.
Also, how is the cargo room? Ive heard that Cruisers are very flexible, but It seems like an awful small space behind the 2nd row.
Thanks for any help guys!
Old 08 Jul 2010, 06:14 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Question!

Welcome to the forum. Can't really answer about the stereo because there are a couple different units that the PT could come with, at least that's the way it was when the PT first hit the streets. Mine had 6 speakers, single disk and build in equalizer. I thought it sonded pretty good but added and aftermarket amp and base woofer.

As far as space, it's not a large car to begin with and will measure up to any other small hatchback but very flexible with the seats so you can drop them down or take them out for very large objects. We're always hearing from owners about how much they were able to get in the interior.

One more thing. If the salesman was a jerk, turn around face him and tell him you want someone else to see to your needs. It's not like cars are flying off the showroom floor. I'm sure there's others that will let you listen and work with the stereo to your hearts content.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 08 Jul 2010 at 06:48 am.
Old 08 Jul 2010, 02:26 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Question!

Hey their Diabeticdoode,

As for the Factory Head Unit in the newer PT's, its kind of a hard question to answer as everyone hears music differently, so what might sound great to me, might sound way off to you.

With that said, to me, I think the newer Factory Audio set ups are a bit lacking overall, especially in the bass department. Their is little in the way of low end therefore leaving it kinda sorta sounding a bit lacking, and disappointing, but like I say, that is just based on what I hear.

If you choose to go with your purchase (which the PT is really a way cool Ride, and I hope you do get one) you can put in a fairly decent upgraded Audio System that should vastly improve your sound quality pretty easy without breaking too much bank. What I would say would be, should you decide to get a PT, and don't like the sound, then you can look at any one of a number of things to upgrade your system very easy, not very expensive, and in my opinion is probably one of the more worth while investments you can do to your ride, especially if you spend a lot of time driving.

As far as size, the folding seats, and so on make it fairly versatile, and if you don't need the back seat, I have seen many people just remove the rear seat, make a platform, black out or tint the rear windows and use it as a kind of cargo PT, and then if you ever really wanted to get into it, they do make conversion kits to turn the PT into a real Panel Truck as well, though their is some modification, body and paint work to pull all that off, but it can be done as well.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents for what its worth. You go easy, and I'll catch ya later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Tags
stereo