PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New Chrysler PT factory Subwoofer's on eBay - $49.99

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jul 2010, 10:05 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default New Chrysler PT factory Subwoofer's on eBay - $49.99

Hello everyone,

I am not the seller, but just wanted to share this info. A guy on eBay has brand new Mopar factory subwoofer kits starting at $49.99 plus shipping. He also has another listing for the same kits for $199.99 "buy it now" or best offer with free shipping. These are designed to fit in the rear map pocket area and do not take up extra space in the car. They were originally priced over $400 through Chrysler. This would be a great opportunity to purchase an inexpensive subwoofer that is designed to connect to the factory stereo.

Search "PT Cruiser Subwoofer" on ebay. The seller's name is "subcruiser". I will post a link to the current auction.

PT Cruiser Subwoofer Mopar 80 watt digital amplifier - eBay (item 160459070744 end time Jul-26-10 21:00:24 PDT)

I already ordered mine. Enjoy!

Roger
Old 14 Sep 2010, 12:21 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: New Chrysler PT factory Subwoofer's on eBay - $49.99

So how did this turn out? Any chance the wires are already thre and you just plug it in? More info please I see more for about $60 shipped and wouldnt mind a little more omph..
Old 14 Sep 2010, 07:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by clok1966 View Post
So how did this turn out? Any chance the wires are already thre and you just plug it in? More info please I see more for about $60 shipped and wouldnt mind a little more omph..
Considering the price, I am very satisfied with mine. The seller mentioned above includes installation instructions with the kit. It took me about three hours from start to finish to get mine installed, but I was being careful. Sorry, the wires are not already there. The wire harness comes with the kit and you have to route it from the map pocket area to the radio which is fairly easy. Basically you just have to remove a few plastic interior panels, take the map pocket off, bolt the subwoofer into place, route the wire harness, and put the plastic panels back on. The hardest part for me was getting the actual map pocket off the back side of the rear panel. It is fastened by plastic rivets of some sort that are not meant to be removed (almost looks like they were melted together at the rivet points). The instructions say to use a cut off wheel to remove the rivets, but I just used a very sharp knife inbetween the two pieces of plastic and cut the plastic rivets off one by one. There is an adjustment screw on top of the subwoofer housing that adjusts the bass level of the subwoofer. I set mine a little less than half and it still has a little too much bass for me at low volume levels. In my opinion, this kit adds enough bass to the stock factory speakers and makes it more enjoyable to listed to. The stereo still doesn't sound like a "high-end" system, but much better than it was with the four regular speakers. To me it was definitely worth the $60 or $70 that I paid! I don't know if I would have been happy paying $400 for it from Chrysler. Hope that helps.

Roger
Old 20 Sep 2010, 12:57 am
Young Cruiser

I agree with RogerB. I bought mine from Ebay as well, Don't think it was the same seller. But I did all the work myself. Very easy I have to say. I did though take the car to my local stereo shop to have the wires connected to my stereo. When you purchase the kit, they SHOULD ask what stereo you have in the car. They SHOULD be able to accomindate most stock stereos with a plug and play harness. Mine had to be spliced into the stock harness. Either way it's not a bad install. My local shop charged me 20 Bucks.

But while i have you all hear! Could anyone tell me if anyone out there has installed a Chrysler Stock Nav radio? An RB1 - RB4 in their PT?. I'd really like to get one in my PT.. Anyone?

Thanks, John