Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2007 PT Cruiser REINSTALLING front door panels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Aug 2010, 12:44 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2007 PT Cruiser REINSTALLING front door panels

Hey there....this may sound silly but I am having difficulty reinstalling the front door panels to my 2007 PT Cruiser after installing dynamat throughout the door cavity.

Any advise on reinstalling the door panels?...any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Strand
Old 23 Aug 2010, 07:22 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: 2007 PT Cruiser REINSTALLING front door panels

Did you doublecheck that you didn't cover any of the holes that the snaps go into? I did that once. I also found that I put a little too much dynamat around the door handle area and it wasn't letting the panel sit flush. Mine is an '01 though so I'm sure its slightly different. What part of the reinstall are you having trouble with?

On a side note, I always use raammat and ensolite on my cars. The owner of raamaudio.com is a good guy and the Subaru community is very familiar with his stuff!
Whipple Supercharger, BTG springs, Tokico shocks/struts, B&M short shifter, chrome GT 17" wheels, darkened tail lights, Chrome Grille, fuel door and vent knobs, painted bumpers, mirrors, airdam and center console, cueball shifter, Polk audio system w/ XM, Magnaflow muffler
Old 23 Aug 2010, 07:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I'm just having problems lining all the screws up at once to get the dang thing back into place....the dynamat is fine and not obstructing....no holes are covered...they are open and clear of the dynamat.

I'm not sure if I am supposed to take the screws out of the door panel and insert them into the holes and then try to get them to snap into place from there...or if I am supposed to start from the bottom and work my way up.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 05:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

New member (today). I used this thread to check out what I could be expecting in opening up my driver's door to fix a jammed interior door release handle.

By reading it sdrawkcab I was able to get into and reassemble the door with no problems. Thanks all.

For others with a jammed door release handle:

I found that nothing was broken, and the problem was corrosion on the actuator pivot at the latch end of the mechanism. The fact that the car has been in Hawaii for five years, and now lives in the open less than 100' from the ocean may have 'something' to do with the condition.

All cleaned up and Triflowed to a faretheewell.
Thanks again, and I hope this helps someone else.

Follow-up - forgot to mention, remove the 'A' pillar flag before attempting to lift out the door panel. It captures the top lip and you can't lift it out of the window seal.

Rear door:

Since I had the tools out I decided to replace the drivers side rear exterior door handle, which was broken. I had bought a new handle last trip to the mainland, but hadn't gotten around to the repair. If you are replacing a handle save the flange nuts, they don't come with the replacement part.

The door panel removal is about the same as the front; less screws, but one of them is under the 'C' pillar flag, so be sure to remove that piece first. On both doors a stiff knife helps pry the panel away from the door frame without scratching the paint or damaging the panel. Get your fingers under the panels and slide them until you meet resistance, then pull out quickly.

Easiest door panel removal/replacement I've ever done.

Last edited by hismiths; 26 Aug 2010 at 07:17 pm. Reason: Additional information