Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Monoblock, 4 channel install

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Nov 2010, 05:31 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Monoblock, 4 channel install

i have an alpine 9884 hu with 2 of the new type r 10's powered by the mrp m1000. ive had a streetwire kit that was 4 gauge running it for awhile now. but i just recently changed out all my speakers and got the type s components for the front and coaxials for the back. very soon im going to order the f300 for the highs. so now i have to replace my 4 gauge wire with 0 gauge since the 1300w rms is pushing it with the 4. im also buying the kinetik hc600 to replace my cap and ill throw that in the back. now im pretty good when it comes to car audio but ive never messed with the whole 2nd battery and 4 channel amp part. so i have two questions. the + on the main battery is obv going to the + on the 2nd battery. so the positives from the 2nd battery are going to need to be put to a distributer block then the 2 4 gauge wires put to both of the amps? which i believe im correct but how is the - gonna be ran. do i take the ground wire from the 2nd battery and ground that then from the ground outputs on both the amps put that to a distributor block and then ground that? and my last question is the rcas. since the 2 rcas from the mrp1000 are already ran to the back of the hu and the hu has 4 outputs, do i just run another pair from the f300 4chan to the back of the hu or do i need to use up all 4 of the outputs on the f300 and run those to a y adapter? like i said im new with 4 channel amps . sorry for all of that. just wanted to make it clear and know if i have the right idea haha.
OBX Headers, Full Magnaflow Exhaust Cat filter taken out, Cold Air Intake ran below the body, Fidanza Cam Gears, Spark Plugs/Igntion Wires replaced, MSD Ignition Coil, Toxico Struts/Shocks, Eibach Lowering Kit, 2 10" Alpine Type R's, Alpine MRP-1000 Amp, 6.5 Alpine Type S Components/Coaxials, Alpine MRP-F300 4 Channel Amp, Shruiken BT-20 2nd Battery, Purple Putco Hi/Lo Headlights, AAC Purple Domelights, Viper 350 Car Alarm
Old 29 Nov 2010, 07:27 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Monoblock, 4 channel install

nvm, obviously im gonna need to use up all 4 rca outputs on the f300 but i still dont have an idea how to do that. i guess just buy a set of rca that have 4 outs on each side and meet from the amp to the hu and before the hu put 2 y connectors 1 male to 1 female if thatll work and use the other 2 outputs in the back of the hu for the 2 rcas already ran from the amp. unless theres a better/cheaper way? also still dont know what to do with the whole ground wire situation.
OBX Headers, Full Magnaflow Exhaust Cat filter taken out, Cold Air Intake ran below the body, Fidanza Cam Gears, Spark Plugs/Igntion Wires replaced, MSD Ignition Coil, Toxico Struts/Shocks, Eibach Lowering Kit, 2 10" Alpine Type R's, Alpine MRP-1000 Amp, 6.5 Alpine Type S Components/Coaxials, Alpine MRP-F300 4 Channel Amp, Shruiken BT-20 2nd Battery, Purple Putco Hi/Lo Headlights, AAC Purple Domelights, Viper 350 Car Alarm

Last edited by ilee941; 29 Nov 2010 at 07:34 am.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 08:19 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Monoblock, 4 channel install

Hey their ilee941,

Cool looking PT you got there. I am sure someone with a bit more audio knowledge than myself should chime in here shortly, but as a back up, you might try addressing your questions to PT Cary over at PT Crew who is an audio Guru who has an insane set up in his PT that he built himself from scratch. Here is a Link to the Crew.

PTCrew.com - ptcrew

You also may want to visit Steve Meede Designs (SMD) Forum. That FOrum is packed full of some of the best Audio Guys in the business, and should be more than capable of providing good straight forward advice for you on your new system layout. Here is a Link to SMD.

SMD Forum

And incidentally, here is a good write up on PT Cary's audio build over at SMD as well.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/boa...zda-3i-builds/

Hope that might get you steered in the right direction at least. Once you get everything in, maybe click off a few pic's and post them up so we can check it out. Here is my humble little system so far. Nothing too fancy.

Good luck on it, and please let us know how you make out with it.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 30 Nov 2010 at 08:23 am.