PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2005 PT Cruiser CD Install

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jan 2011, 02:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2005 PT Cruiser CD Install

Hello all.

I have had a CD stuck in my stock cd/stereo system in the car for a year, and am buying a new player from BestBuy tonight. I need to install it ASAP, before my trip back to school.

I have no clue where to begin, but my dad has done this before in a Honda.

Can someone post me a step-by-step instruction on how to remove the stock system from the dash.

Also, are there any systems, like Sony, Kenwood, etc that won't work in a 05 Cruiser?
Old 03 Jan 2011, 03:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 PT Cruiser CD Install

The only thing I can help you with is taking the old one out. Gently pry out the window switch out of the center dash panel, the one with the 4 controls for all the windows. It just slides out but be careful and don't scratch anything. Once that's out you'll unhook the 2 electrical connections to the switch. Look inside and you'll see one phillips head screw, take that out. Pry off the 4 knobs that control the heater-A/C. Now the whole front face of the center dash should come off by gently prying around the outside. That will give you access to the screws that hole the radio in place. Half way out, the radio has electrical connections and the wire for the antenna that all have to be pulled off.

The center dash overlay looks like this when you have it off.

01-05 PT Cruiser center dash panel - eBay (item 290501228070 end time Jan-15-11 14:24:57 PST)

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 15 Jan 2011, 07:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 PT Cruiser CD Install

I would suggest buying the headunit from crutchfield.com, they have reasonable prices and include all the gear you will need and step by step instructions on how to remove the old one and put in the new one, if you are aiming for a lower price then buy the headunit from sonicelectronix.com but they will not include the other stuff with it...