Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Sirius Radio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Mar 2011, 02:19 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Sirius Radio

O WoW, the Sirius radio people want about $150 a year to keep a subscription going. I really love Satellite radio but that is way to much to pay. I only user three of thier channels. I thought there was talk earlier about Sirius prices on this site?
Old 19 Mar 2011, 02:43 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Sirius Radio

I'm not impressed as I thought I would be. I also switch between 3 channels. I am not sure I will resubscribe when the time comes. By the way. How is the Couture Edition. I almost bought one, particularly for the leather seats. I really liked it. How are the leather seats? My 2010 cloth seats are rock hard in the back. I am having memory foam put in and once that is settled, I am thinking about the Katskins leather to replace the cloth. Do you have the red leather inserts.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 02:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Guys, I was told numerous times to wait until the subscription is about to run out and call SIRIUS and tell them that you'd like to keep it but can't afford the price. They should offer you a renewal 5 or 6 month subscription for about $20. The do this every time it's about to run out. I haven't tried it yet myself but was told by a few guys at the Sheriff's station that it works for them.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 02:54 pm
Regular Cruiser

Yes I have the red leather seats and they are OK. Maybe not as good as my old 04 GT but OK. I realy like the two tone and this car is easier to keep clean than the Black over Red that I had befor. Really to bad that the Big C did not go ahead and put a newer moter in the later PTs. I think that this 2010 is a great car but the gas milage sucks. And it was fully loaded at a good price.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 04:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

My sat radio is still going strong from when I bought the car last November. I did get a letter in the mail shortly after I got the car asking to "subscribe now" but I ignored it. I only listen to a couple of channels (60s, 70s and 80s channel) and don't drive enough to make it worthwhile. The way I see it is why pay big bucks to listen to someone else's choice of music when I can plug my iPod in and listen to hours and hours of music that I like
Old 19 Mar 2011, 04:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

my sirus is about up so ill try curzin sugestion it was a 100 a year whihc is less than 1$10 a month and really $120 is only $10 a month
Old 19 Mar 2011, 05:53 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Considering the poor sound quality that you get with sirius it should be free.That's just my opinion of course.As CREWZIN mentioned,if you let it run out they will offer it to you much cheaper.I let it run out on my previous car and they renewed it for $14 for three month's so if I had kept letting it run out that would have been $56 a year.When my free trial runs out on my PT I will not be renewing.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 12:57 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by white View Post
O WoW, the Sirius radio people want about $150 a year to keep a subscription going. I really love Satellite radio but that is way to much to pay. I only user three of thier channels. I thought there was talk earlier about Sirius prices on this site?
Candyman has some good advice. That will work; you gotta work the customer service people.

My dumb @ss bought the 'life time subscription' for 600.

It's not exactly a LIFETIME either. You can transfer it 3x. That is it.

I was found out; and called to customer service. I was like "YO that is false advertising; that isn't a lifetime."

He said "It's the life time of the radio; not your human lifetime."

I said "Stereo's are not "alive". lol

We well see 10 years down the road what will happen.

I rather I used Candyman's idea.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 01:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantPtCruiser View Post
Candyman has some good advice.
I must have missed that part. Where did Don (Candyman) post his advice?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 01:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

He said "It's the life time of the radio; not your human lifetime."

The radio should technically last forever really.

Maybe its the lifetime of Sirrius!! How long will they be around for???