PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stuff under the shelf...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Mar 2011, 12:56 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Stuff under the shelf...

Hi Guys,

Let me start off by saying, it's my wife's car so take it easy on me! We got the car about a month ago and I can't stand stock audio systems so had to change things around. Blaupunkt??!! I know, I know. It was just some gear I had floating in the shop. Worked out good enough for her and comfy for me when I drive it. Even managed to fit some 6x9's in the front doors. My real system is in my truck, ADS and infinity kappas.

Blau VA4100
Blau THX573 (pillars)
Blau THX693 (doors)
Lanzar 10"
custom sub cabinet (sealed)
Alpine CDA-105 head (on the way)

Far cry from some systems but better than stock!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0011.jpg (77.4 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0020.jpg (58.9 KB, 59 views)
Old 31 Mar 2011, 01:21 pm
Banned

Default Re: Stuff under the shelf...

For your wife's car; I would say this is pretty good.

If her sound system IQ is low; then any upgrade would be rocking; especially with a subwoofer. My Ex Girlfriend though a crappy non name brand subwoofer was AWESOME. Sooooo........ you know....

What do you have in your other car.

Peace

Last edited by SergeantPtCruiser; 31 Mar 2011 at 02:28 pm.
Old 31 Mar 2011, 01:41 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantPtCruiser View Post
For your wife's car; I would say this is pretty good.

If her sound system IQ is low; then any upgrade would be rocking; especially with a subwoofer.

What do you have in your other car.

Peace
Thanks Sergent, means a lot from some one like you!

In the truck it's ADS everything except the front and rear speakers, They are Infinity Kappa, 6x9 in the front 6.5 in the rear, dual ADS 10" subs (sealed), MX series power amp 60x8 RMS (i think), sound stream head unit. I installed it back in 96' when I got the truck so I cant remember exact model numbers. I used to own a custom audio/video business and was an ADS & Infinity dealer at the time, worked out good for me. All these years, has never let me down and still works perfect, it like listening to a real good set of headphones with some umph!

Cheers!
Old 31 Mar 2011, 02:10 pm
Banned

Nooo.. Candy Man is the undisputed Don, no doubt; but thank you

HEADPHONES!! Dammm!! That is how I check my systems, and my friends systems for SQ. I prefer to do it by ear, it more fun; plus you get a custom sound you like; some people like more or less bass; some like to only amp their front speakers; and use the rears are fillers. Every system is different; every headunit is different; so there are millions of possibilities on getting a custom sound.

I bring my ipod (in the old days a portable CD player) out to my with a nice set of headphones. I check out a track; then listen to it on my system. I go back and forth with a few songs; until I get it sounding to my liking.

Of course; I add extra bass; and play with the 40-120 frequencies a little

ADS; wow. I haven't seen anyone rocking them in a while... They were a solid product.

If your sound stream headunit is from 1996; that has to be one of the first years they made them. Gotta be...

So you use to distribute car audio; how was that? That would be fun line of work for me....

I almost took a job in NJ with Cadence. They are based out of NJ; but their company is falling apart.

They have a few decent things; but they are not on the up and up.

I did get my friend an awesome deal on 1 Cadence Daytona Competition 15" Subwoofer for 250 cash; pick up.

DCX15-1500-2 - DAYTONA SERIES - Cadence Acoustics, LTD
Cadence DCX15-1500-2 - Power Max Electronics LLC

They are not a big company; but alot of people in NYC and NJ rock them; because they are local...

I listened to them in my friends SUV; they were nice. I like to try new things; so I tried the SoundStream T5's, dual 15" subs. They are on closeout now the T6's are out.

Here is a couple pics of them...

I am new to the Sound Stream Family. You gotta be one of the God Fathers...

HERE IS A QUARTER FOR RATION AND SIZE PERSPECTIVE
[IMG]

Welcome to the forum;

peace...

Last edited by SergeantPtCruiser; 31 Mar 2011 at 02:27 pm.
Old 31 Mar 2011, 02:43 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Nooo.. Candy Man is the undisputed Don, no doubt; but thank you

HEADPHONES!! Dammm!! That is how I check my systems, and my friends systems for SQ. I prefer to do it by ear, it more fun; plus you get a custom sound you like; some people like more or less bass; some like to only amp their front speakers; and use the rears are fillers. Every system is different; every headunit is different; so there are millions of possibilities on getting a custom sound.

I bring my ipod (in the old days a portable CD player) out to my with a nice set of headphones. I check out a track; then listen to it on my system. I go back and forth with a few songs; until I get it sounding to my liking.

Of course; I add extra bass; and play with the 40-120 frequencies a little

ADS; wow. I haven't seen anyone rocking them in a while... They were a solid product.

If your sound stream headunit is from 1996; that has to be one of the first years they made them. Gotta be...

So you use to distribute car audio; how was that? That would be fun line of work for me....

I almost took a job in NJ with Cadence. They are based out of NJ; but their company is falling apart.

They have a few decent things; but they are not on the up and up.

I did get my friend an awesome deal on 1 Cadence Daytona Competition 15" Subwoofer for 250 cash; pick up.

DCX15-1500-2 - DAYTONA SERIES - Cadence Acoustics, LTD
Cadence DCX15-1500-2 - Power Max Electronics LLC

They are not a big company; but alot of people in NYC and NJ rock them; because they are local...

Welcome to the forum;

peace...
Thanks-

Yea, ADS, I'm a huge fan of them, quality stuff. Too bad they are out of business, been to the factory in MA where they assembled everything, by hand no automation. There sound room was insane! Have ADS speakers through out the house as well, opted out of putting them in the truck cause I wanted to keep a stock appearance and not cut into the door panels.

I used to do custom home and car systems for years, installed some pretty sick ones in my day. Lots of fun to spend other peoples money on stuff I could only dream of owning!

I'm an audio engineer for a living for concerts & festivals now, and cannot live without my headphones. Although when I tune systems for shows I use either Wavelab or Smart live, both pc based. However my ear has the final say no matter what a computer tells me! LOL! I like to say I make noise for a living.

Not sure if the Sound Stream was one of the first ones they ever made would have to check. I seem to remember them making them as early as 91',could be wrong tho.

Thanks for the welcome! Great info, great advice, great peeps, great cars!

Old 31 Mar 2011, 04:16 pm
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Stuff under the shelf...

I wonder how the equalizer looks for a concert. Must be 50+ band.

Which artists have you had the pleasure of sound boarding.....
Old 31 Mar 2011, 05:19 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
I wonder how the equalizer looks for a concert. Must be 50+ band.

Which artists have you had the pleasure of sound boarding.....
I normally use, on an analog console a 31 band. When the band calls for a digital console then it really get technical (although I'm not that crucial about it). A lot of "newer" engineers are all about the computer, as I said, my ear is the final say if they hire me. There are exceptions tho, for example, in an outdoor environment using what they call a "V-dosc" system (minimum speakers, maximum coverage) 10K plus peeps, as apposed to just having a s**t load of speakers with a s**t ton of power amps and just turning up the volume. A v-dosc system uses a specifically set up "array" of speakers, with delay speakers, mics to monitor the the timing between the front of house speakers and the delays so you don't end up with a echo effect no matter where your standing in the audience. All constantly monitored, adjusted (once tuned) in real time, constantly, taking into account wind, volume of peeps, density of air, etc, etc. It's pretty cool stuff.

As for bands, oh man. A lot, just off the top of my head, ones that are more popular: Allman brothers, Otis Taylor, Susan Tedeschi, Government Mule, James Brown, Leo Kottke, Jackson Browne, Tab Benoit, P funk (was on tour with them), Joan Jett, Jerry Jeff Walker, David Allan Coe, Phish, String Cheese, Marshal Tucker, 38 Special, the list goes on. I've been around a while. LOL! All those years of my mom yelling at me to turn down the stereo and these guys pay me to turn it up!
Old 31 Mar 2011, 07:00 pm
Banned

Dam man; that is a nice Music resume.

some awesome bands!!!!

Did you ever chill with any bands backstage; who were the coolest?

Dam yo; the only step left if to produce your own music... lol

-----

I am use to some music production things.

I made some house and trance music.

The things I used are

Flang
Phaser
Equalizer
Bass Booster
Drum Machine
Keyboard
Computer Synthesizer
Pitch
Delay's
Reverb

I could put some of my tracks somewhere on the net. Compared to professional House Music; It's average. It sounds professional
Old 31 Mar 2011, 08:01 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman

Hey their Serge,

I thank you for your kind words as always Sir.

And hey their fabreezai,

Welcome to the Forum! It is way too cool to have someone who at least from my view is almost Celebrity Status having been an intricate part of music legend for such a long time. Pretty cool job to me for sure.

Hope to see ya around.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 31 Mar 2011, 10:37 pm
Banned

Don Candyo.

What do you do for a living; just do car customs?

Sound systems? I am a pretty good car audio installer. If you even need a dude; look me up pimp