PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Anyone seen any good deals?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:10 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Dill
Default Anyone seen any good deals?

Hi im basically building a new system from scratch. All i need is decent sub, enclosure amp and wiring stuff. Id like to be able to wire a switch to the amp toturnit on and off. Most importantly is to try to keep as much space as possible in my pt. I think one sub will be fine but icandeal with two. Im looking for the best bang for the buck, just daily driver stuff but something with omph cause i love my music!

Things can cpme bundled or seperate fromdifferent sites im just terrible at knowing what to buy and where.

Sorry for typos! Ipad keyboard!

If You Have Not Already, Add Yourself To The PT Cruiser Members Map!

To Learn More About My PT Cruiser And Its Mods Visit My PT's Blog At www.PickledPt.blogspot.com
Old 16 Apr 2011, 01:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Anyone seen any good deals?

Go visit Elemental Designs, they are one of my very favorite vendors for audio components. Except for my head units, I've purchased almost everything for all my cars from them for the past 12 years. Also, they are the developers of eDead, a sound deadening component that rivals Dynamat.

Myself, I completely insulated my wife's 2004 Pacifica with Dynamat, then in 2006 insulated my Taurus with eDead and was amazed at how much quieter it was than the Pacifica. Both had about the same road noise before, but after the Taurus was like riding in a Caddy.

Anyway, just some suggestions. I've got 100 feet of eDead sitting in my storage unit waiting for the weather to clear up so I can do my PT. Have to strip EVERYTHING out of it as I'm doing a complete and total insulation job, two layers of eDead, and going to film and photo the entire process for them. I don't work for them but they are one of my fav's so I'm doing them some favors with this.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 03:10 pm
Senior Cruiser

I am particularly looking for something in the 300 buck range or less that price being amp, sub, enclosure and wires. This would be temporary until later when I get another vehicle and i can focus on the pt being for more leisure so i can put something bigger and better and put the system id buy now into our commuting drive.

So as previously said, best bang for the buck!

To Learn More About My PT Cruiser And Its Mods Visit My PT's Blog At www.PickledPt.blogspot.com
Old 16 Apr 2011, 04:09 pm
Cool Cruiser

Look on Craigs list. You will find some sweet deals.
Eibach Pro Springs, Energy Suspension HyperFlex Master Kit bushings, 17" RTX Euro wheels, K&N drop in air filter, MotoMaster flat plate AGM battery, KYB GR2 shocks and struts, Booger standard shifter bushings, Ooogah horn.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 04:56 pm
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Anyone seen any good deals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dill View Post
I am particularly looking for something in the 300 buck range or less that price being amp, sub, enclosure and wires. This would be temporary until later when I get another vehicle and i can focus on the pt being for more leisure so i can put something bigger and better and put the system id buy now into our commuting drive.

So as previously said, best bang for the buck!

This subwoofer is POWERFUL, 1,000 RMS. You will only need 1.

New 2010 Pioneer TS-W3002D4 12" 3500 Watts SUBWOOFER | eBay

Pioneer TS-W3002D4

It's $114, and a very very good name brand. Pioneer is good stuff.

Other places are selling it for $299. You can find it for less than 1/2 of that new.
Pioneer TS-W3002D4 Champion Series Pro 12" sub with dual 4-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield Signature

Better Subwoofers are Dual Voice Coil. Wire it like this.

-----

This amp is very good. It's 1 ohm stable, @ 1500 RMS; But you will be giving your amp a 2 ohm load, so you will get 1000 RMS. That is a perfect match for the sub.

It's CEA certified, and the absolute best bang for the $. I have one of these myself. It's awesome, especially for the $ value. You can't beat it for $145

You wanted something with a turn off switch; this one has a bass knob, so you can adjust your bass fright from your driver seat. I put the bass nob in the glob box, you can also put it in the center counsel. You can adjust the bass, based on the situation. If you want to turn in completely off, you can too.

Audio Pipe (AP15001D) Mono Block Amp

For under $300 you are getting a very good subwoofer, and the right amp to complement it. It's next to impossible to get a better deal than the Items I showed you.

You can spend twice as much $ and not get better results.

THIS IS THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK, with out a doubt

-

My friend has that sub; it's awesome bro. 1,000 RMS! You can beat it. It fits perfectly in this box, and It also looks really nice.

Pioneer UDW12P

If you want to save a little on the box, Pioneer Recommends you put that subwoofer in a

Seal Box .5 cubic feet - 1.0 cubic feet. (.7 is ideal according to their website)
Ported Box 1.3-1.9 cubic feet (1.6 is ideal according to Pioneer)

The Ported box above is 1.6 (ideal)

Pioneer UDW12P - 12" SPL Ported Enclosure w/Transparent Top Rear

Ported boxes give you deeper bass that you can feel, like a back massage.

I only roll with ported boxes. That box is made by pioneer specifically for that subwoofer.

It's important to get the right box. That is the PERFECT box.

--

For an amp kit, you don't need to spend over 15 bucks for something decent for your budget.

BRAND NEW SURGE SS4 4 GAUGE 1600 WATT AMPLIFIER KIT | eBay

Finally, get educated. Check out some of the sticky's. It's best to be an informed consumer.

What I showed you is A+ stuff, and really inexpensive. But you will only appreciate it after you read up some more.

Last edited by SergeantPtCruiser; 16 Apr 2011 at 05:50 pm.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 05:55 pm
Senior Cruiser

Perfect!!

Old 16 Apr 2011, 06:05 pm
Banned

Pretty much it is.

you will have some power to spare.

The amp is upgradeable; it can put out 1,500 RMS with a 1 ohm subwoofer set up.

It's good to get an amp slighly more powerful than your subwoofer's RMS, so you won't over work the amp.

You will like the bass nob too.

-

Last edited by SergeantPtCruiser; 16 Apr 2011 at 06:14 pm.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 11:02 pm
Senior Cruiser

alright, I ordered everything today for a total of 415 bucks with shipping and all... EEK! lol.

So I wont need anything else right? Ill just go to advanced auto or something for the aftermarket dash and harness and crap.

Do I Need ANYTHING else?

My Radio will be a JVC I got for like 175 at best buy 2 years back, its got color changing LED's which is why we bought it. Im sure itll serve a good purpose till I upgrade.

Now for the wiring harness do I need anything fancy? Or is it just the wires.

Old 17 Apr 2011, 12:04 am
Banned

I don't think you need anything else. That is everything baby!!!!!

Standard pricing to install an amp is about $65. There is no fee to install a subwoofer. You just connect the sub to the amp.

You can install it yourself if you know what you are doing, and if you have the time

Last edited by SergeantPtCruiser; 17 Apr 2011 at 02:58 pm.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 12:08 am
Banned

What Box did you get?

If you got the Pioneer ported box, and matching Pioneer sub, your bass will sound

PERFECTO.

DEEP HARD, AND AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Hope you like the free Back Massage. and it's adjustable setting via the turn nob.

I seen people that pay 200 on an amp, 200 on sub, and 80 on an amp kit that ($520 with tax at Best Buy) FOR ONLY 250-300 WATTS.

bro you got 1,000 watts for LESS than retail price of 1/4th the watts, with the same or better Sound Quality.

You will be more than happy with your purchase.

where did you decide to buy from? Which ebay seller, amazon, etc. Always looking for good experiences with good sellers for future recommendations.

peace

Last edited by SergeantPtCruiser; 17 Apr 2011 at 12:24 am.