Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
mopar satellite radio.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 May 2011, 06:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default mopar satellite radio.

I recently purchased a 06 pt cruiser convertible gt. It has the boston sound with the 6 disk RAQ radio. Well i removed the sat unit form my 06 chrysler 300 that i sold. I was planning on putting it into the cruiser. Howerever mopar lists the install kit for the sat as null, my local dealer said he could not get it as no other dealer showed it in stock. Well i did my own search on partsvoice and found and purchased it. listed on the mopar site as part number 82210437. Well it arrived today and in very bold letters under the part number stated, Not for use on convertibles. And the instructions plainly show a pt cruiser sedan that i do not have a roof to drill thru to mount the antenna. But i came across a site describing how the roll bar is a good place and since it is a colth top it will pick up the sat signal. So were exactly do you conv oweres with sat from the fac or add on have the box?
Old 05 May 2011, 08:21 pm
Banned

Default Re: mopar satellite radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybuzz2u View Post
I recently purchased a 06 pt cruiser convertible gt. It has the boston sound with the 6 disk RAQ radio. Well i removed the sat unit form my 06 chrysler 300 that i sold. I was planning on putting it into the cruiser. Howerever mopar lists the install kit for the sat as null, my local dealer said he could not get it as no other dealer showed it in stock. Well i did my own search on partsvoice and found and purchased it. listed on the mopar site as part number 82210437. Well it arrived today and in very bold letters under the part number stated, Not for use on convertibles. And the instructions plainly show a pt cruiser sedan that i do not have a roof to drill thru to mount the antenna. But i came across a site describing how the roll bar is a good place and since it is a colth top it will pick up the sat signal. So were exactly do you conv oweres with sat from the fac or add on have the box?
I would put this in the Convertible section. It only applies to Convertible owners; and I am sure a percentage of them have Sat Radio.

I think if you cleaned up the thread; and got directly to the point; most people would have an easier time understanding specifically what exact issue you are dealing with. You got a bunch of background info not necessary.

-Just trying to help you the best I can.

peace bro!