PT Cruiser Forum  
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

2001 pt cruiser aftermarket stereo installation need help

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 20 Jun 2011, 02:21 am
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2
Default 2001 pt cruiser aftermarket stereo installation need help

I need help figuring out what all the wires connected to the back of the stock stereo are. One is a purple wire connected all by it's self the others are connected to the gray connector. The others are on a black connector and there is one black wire by itself. Detailed instructions would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 20 Jun 2011, 02:53 pm
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 415
Default Re: 2001 pt cruiser aftermarket stereo installation need help

2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Car Stereo Wiring Diagram
Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Pink
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Red/White
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Black/Yellow
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Red/Brown
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Purple/Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue/Red
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/Yellow
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Blue
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue/White
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue/Black


2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Car Stereo Wiring Diagram
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 20 Jun 2011, 10:55 pm
fabreezai's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Norad Colorado
Posts: 704
Default Re: 2001 pt cruiser aftermarket stereo installation need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantPtCruiser View Post
2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Car Stereo Wiring Diagram
Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Pink
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Red/White
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Black/Yellow
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Red/Brown
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Purple/Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue/Red
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/Yellow
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Blue
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue/White
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue/Black


2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Car Stereo Wiring Diagram
Things that make you go ummm.......................... LOL!

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 26 Dec 2012, 04:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Default Re: 2001 pt cruiser aftermarket stereo installation need help

I still can install the aftermarket radio, this are the two harness I have, where should I plug them, please help me!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic 1.jpg (82.6 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg pic 2.jpg (85.4 KB, 42 views)
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06 Jan 2013, 05:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bellflower, California
Posts: 43
Default Re: 2001 pt cruiser aftermarket stereo installation need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavomix70 View Post
I still can install the aftermarket radio, this are the two harness I have, where should I plug them, please help me!!!
I suggest you go down to your local Walmart/Bestbuy and buy a wiring harness for you specific year. Walmart sells them for under $10 This will clip onto the clips that are already on your car so you wont have to cut the old connectors off. You also might need to get an antenna adapter. Let me know if you have any more questions!
__________________
03 Pt 5spd and lovin it!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06 Jan 2013, 10:53 pm
needmoretoys's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rising Sun MD
Posts: 643
Default Re: 2001 pt cruiser aftermarket stereo installation need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngmaninanoldmanscar View Post
I suggest you go down to your local Walmart/Bestbuy and buy a wiring harness for you specific year. Walmart sells them for under $10 This will clip onto the clips that are already on your car so you wont have to cut the old connectors off. You also might need to get an antenna adapter. Let me know if you have any more questions!
I just did my radio and went to Walmart and bought the harness. I've do this before and as always it was very easy. I have an 03 so I did need the antenna adapter too. That plus the dash mount kit it went in as easy as the stock one.
__________________
Lenny

FEBRUARY CRUISER OF THE MONTH
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10 Mar 2014, 02:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1
Default Re: 2001 pt cruiser aftermarket stereo installation need help

I realize that this is an old post but I'm also having trouble figuring out what the purple wire that is by itself is for and do I need it on my new aftermarket stereo?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aftermarket Radio Installation bjagd02 Sound and Security Forum 3 01 May 2011 02:56 pm
Stereo installation for a noob wheeluh_boy Sound and Security Forum 9 29 Jan 2011 05:48 pm
2006 Aftermarket Stereo Installation MissMegan Sound and Security Forum 2 30 Mar 2010 04:31 pm
Stereo installation parts 4 sale. polarbear69 Classifieds: For Sale/Trade 0 02 Mar 2009 10:06 am
Aftermarket BOV Installation Chipmunk Turbo Performance 9 27 Apr 2003 02:41 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 pm.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors