Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New To The Site -- My First Mod's To My '06

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jun 2011, 08:41 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default New To The Site -- My First Mod's To My '06

Good Morning Forum. This is my first post, and I thought I'd let everyone critique the hell out of the 06 Cruiser that I've just started to modify. So far, I've replaced the worn/foggy headlamps with new headlamps that have the black interior. My end goal is to have a nice clean chrome/black appeal. I've added the green LED's behind the grill, as well as replaced the stock washer squirters with chrome/green LED squirters. For the interior, I installed a new Pioneer head unit that I specifically bought for it's green/black display, as well as dropped some green LED's in the vents for a subtle glow. I replaced the stock door speakers with Pioneer's.

I'd like the exterior and interior to be accented in green light, but not in an overwhelming way. I'm also stoked about painting the plastic dash pieces green (gauge bezel, stereo piece, airbag cover). I saw a real nice article on this site from CandyMan, I believe, which was very descriptive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (60.2 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (22.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (33.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (30.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (31.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (51.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (23.6 KB, 34 views)
Old 23 Jun 2011, 08:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: New To The Site -- My First Mod's To My '06

Looks good so far. Somehow I was expecting a black PT with chrome accents and green lights. Got it half right. Welcome to the forum. Not sure where to move your post because I know it's going to turn into a sound system thread so I guess that's the best place for it.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 08:56 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Welcome to the forum....
Few questions : where are you from? Also, how do you like those headlights? how is the quality and what brand? I'm thinking about getting a set from Ebay or Amazon but I'm not sure about the quality

BTW You have really NICE CAR !!!!
Old 23 Jun 2011, 09:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Ditto XtrmDC2 says! I am also looking at maybe new headlights, would like to know where you got them and the washer nozzles and what you paid for them, if you don't mind.

Also, great looking car!!!
Old 23 Jun 2011, 09:07 pm
Regular Cruiser

Yeah, sorry about that Crewzin, wasn't exactly sure where to start the thread in the first place. I hope this doesn't turn into a sound system thread, I'm more into visual mods than the stereo.

I'm in Dallas, and thanks for the compliment, Xtrm. The headlamps are DEPO (or Depo), and coincidentally enough I bought them from Amazon. For $160, I think they're the best thing I've put on the Cruiser. They're ultra clean looking, and with the new Arctic White bulbs it really seemed to have changed the entire appearance of the front end.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 09:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yo Green, where in Dallas? Are you from there? That's my home town. Grew up near the Marsh and Forest Lane intersection.

Thanks for the info, I'm gonna go look for them lights now!!!
Old 23 Jun 2011, 09:33 pm
Regular Cruiser

Chrome, I'm around 635/Centerville. I have some friends over in the Marsh area. Born in Dallas, but floated around Texas most of my life, been back in Dallas for about five years. Hell yeah Mavs!
Old 23 Jun 2011, 09:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
Chrome, I'm around 635/Centerville. I have some friends over in the Marsh area. Born in Dallas, but floated around Texas most of my life, been back in Dallas for about five years. Hell yeah Mavs!
What high school? I went to WT White, back when it was a AAAAA (5A) class school and we had the best football team in the state! Course the school was really the size of a college so it was sort of unfair. We had 125 people try out for the senior football team, can you imagine?!? One of the tests for the linebackers was they had to lift the quarterback's VW desert bug's rear end by the brush bumpers. I'm a big guy and I couldn't get it off the ground, but these guys lifted it to chest height! Damn it was funny that day at tryouts!