PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Installing a factory am/fm/cd/cassette

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jul 2011, 03:18 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Installing a factory am/fm/cd/cassette

Hi, guys.
I have a 2002 PT Touring that came with the factory AM/FM/CD Player in it. I've been having issues with it overheating and planned on replacing it with a factory AM/FM/CD/Cassette that came oout of a 2001 PT. I pulled my factory unit out of the dash today, not thinking that there would be any difference in the harness plugs at the back between a 2001 and 2002.

Well, I was wrong...I hate that! My original unit has a single horizontal connector that has a total of 32 contacts as you're looking directly at it from the back. This is the first time that it has been out of the dash since this PT was built.

The 2001 unit fits perfectly inside the bezel part of the dash. However, it has two seperate horizontal connectors at the back. One is identified by a sticker on top as the "Feed" connector, while the other is identified as the "Speaker" connector. There is also a small 2 pin connector near them, which is not identified anywhere on the sticker.

Would anyone here happen to know what the pin assignments would be for my original 2002 factory unit with the single horizontal connector? Would anyone happen to know if there is some kind of adapter harness that I could buy to mate my dash harness up with this 2001 factory PT radio?

Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

Steve
Old 09 Jul 2011, 03:44 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Installing a factory am/fm/cd/cassette

I just got this one figured out guys. Got the adapter harnesses that I needed from Installer.com.