PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Car Stereo questions for 2002 PT Cruiser Limited

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jul 2011, 02:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Car Stereo questions for 2002 PT Cruiser Limited

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to change out my car stereo, because I have a phone which will connect via the auxiliary jack, and my stereo doesn't have one. So, I have a few questions.

1. Did they have a stereo for the 2002 year, which has an aux jack on the front (or in the back somehow)?
2. Would a newer stereo work in place of it, and if so, what years? (I've seen this on a 2006/07 that I rented a while back).
3. My current stereo has the Disc buttons (which would imply that I have the capability to add a CD Changer in). If this is correct would something that plugs into the CD Changer connector work instead of putting in a new stereo? (I saw an aux cable on ebay that mentioned this)

From their listing here

Quote:
This auxiliary input interface connect to original head units via the CD changer port and trick the unit into believing it is playing a CD changer, whilst really playing the audio from another sources. This means the audio can be produced at a much higher quality.

Compatible cars:
All cars that have a 3.5mm output
This auxiliary input adapter require a CD changer lead wired in the boot.
Connects to Mini auxiliary input adapter (pre-wired)
Alternatives are more than welcome.

Thanks for any information about this. I tried one of those FM transmitters, and while it works, the car cradle that I have won't automatically turn it on/off. I'm hoping that an actual aux cable to the radio will work. The phone is a Samsung Fascinate (Android 2.21) and supposedly the music portion of the car cradle is fully functional-- just not in my specific situation apparently.

Have a great weekend
Patrick.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 10:49 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to partyd
Default Re: Car Stereo questions for 2002 PT Cruiser Limited

The radio needs to have a MODE or CD, look for a free plug on the back side of the radio , if that is the case you can install a auxiliary audio input interface and plug it into the external cd changer plug

chyrsler aux input
2008 Chrysler Pacifica awd
Old 24 Jul 2011, 03:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Car Stereo questions for 2002 PT Cruiser Limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyd View Post
The radio needs to have a MODE or CD, look for a free plug on the back side of the radio , if that is the case you can install a auxiliary audio input interface and plug it into the external cd changer plug

chyrsler aux input
Thanks for the information. I'll look into this. And thanks for replying to the other thread about this. I should have removed this thread last night, but it was late.

Have a great day
Patrick.

Last edited by Patrick_Dickey; 24 Jul 2011 at 03:41 pm. Reason: Realized after I posted, that you answered my question in another thread.