Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Alarm sensitivity

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Aug 2011, 07:41 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Alarm sensitivity

I have a 2005 UK Pt cruiser 2.4l. The alarm as far as I can tell is factory fitted but is very sensitive. Whenever I start my mustang next to it the alarm goes off. A harley (we get them in the UK as well! ) just drove past where my PT is parked and it went off again.

Any idea if the alarm can be adjusted to only go off when a door is opened etc?

(I searched for this on the forum but no seems to have a problem with an alarm that goes off with loud noises or sound, may be a UK specific type?)
Old 08 Aug 2011, 02:52 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Alarm sensitivity

You didn't find it because the U.S. cruisers don't have a sensitivity alarm. Ours only goes off when the door, hood, hatch is opened when the alarm is set and you didn't use the fob or key. You could jump on the hood of ours and the alarm wouldn't sound off.

Either it's an overseas model only alarm or if you have a used vehicle that someone owned before you, maybe they installed the sensitivity alarm.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 08 Aug 2011, 04:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Alarm sensitivity

Good old UK strikes again!! It's definitely a standard fit alarm. The user manual says you can turn off the feature that sets off the alarm that would go off if you were to leave a dog in the car for example. I wonder if thats the same as US models? I left the window down one day and a strong gust of wind managed to set it off!

To turn it off it says you set the alarm on/off 3 times within 5 seconds. Guess I'll have to try it and find out.

p.s. I've always loved american cars but get extremely annoyed when companies bring models over here and take the best bits out (V6/V8 engines, auto boxes, suspension etc) and fling in whatever is lying around. If you've ever driven a chrysler 300 diesel compared to a hemi you will know what I mean. Also things like this alarm! I'll have to import more often!

Last edited by davea300; 08 Aug 2011 at 04:35 pm.