Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Keyless Entry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Sep 2011, 03:14 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Keyless Entry

I just purchased a 2001 PT Cruiser July 2011 from a Chrysler dealer and she seemed fine. I suddenly am discovering that the doors and hatch unlock by themselves. I read some of the other posts. I have done the following: I did change the batteries on the remote. I changed the 10A and 20A fuses. I have not gone into the fuse box under the hood yet. I have also experienced the alarm making random honking noises. When I purchased the vehicle, I was not informed that the hatch lock had been soldered closed. At first, it was not a concern because the keyless entry was working perfectly. However, when the hatch does not open I cannot get inside. Is there a manual button to lock and unlock the hatch? When I hit the remote I definitely hear a click however the locks do not close. I have to do this manually. When I hit the keyless remote button to close the doors it sounds off the alarm giving the impression that it has locked the doors and the car is secure however, that is not the case as everything is unlocked. In addition, it now unlocks on its own. Is there a way to disconnect the alarm so that the locks are not randomly opened? How would that affect my access to the hatch? Whew! now let me catch my breath.
Bummed out in Brooklyn
Old 03 Sep 2011, 06:01 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Keyless Entry

If the locks are cycling on their own, you have a bad lock cylinder switch. Put your key in each door lock and lock and unlock doors. One (usually the drivers) will most likely make your locks cycle like crazy will very little input or will cycle the locks with hardly turning the key at all. That's the bad one.
Old 03 Sep 2011, 07:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

On front of the driver's door by the grab handle is a lock switch - it should lock/unlock all doors and the hatch.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 19 Sep 2011, 06:45 am
Fresh Cruiser

u need to change the wireless key... which is with you...
Old 24 Sep 2011, 11:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

There are several things that can be going on:
The first and easiest is to do what Floundering said.
If that doesn't give you any answers, you're going to chase you RKE.
I know Crusin' has a diagram of it somewhere. Im sure he'll put it up as soon as he sees this post.
The diagram helped me. And by replacing the RKE, it fixed all my strange lock and unlock issues.

RKE = Remote Keyless Entry Module.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 07:04 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Here ya go.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 01 Apr 2012, 11:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floundering View Post
If the locks are cycling on their own, you have a bad lock cylinder switch. Put your key in each door lock and lock and unlock doors. One (usually the drivers) will most likely make your locks cycle like crazy will very little input or will cycle the locks with hardly turning the key at all. That's the bad one.
Wow!!! Been searching for this for some time.

I finally discovered (thanks to Floundering) that the drivers side door cylinder switch is dead. Is this why the remote transmitter doesn't unlock the car??

I will try and get a new one to replace it. Any guides out there on how to do it?

Thanks in advnce!!