Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Need Dash Tweeters Measured Screw to Screw-

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Sep 2011, 10:38 pm
Regular Cruiser

Lightbulb Need Dash Tweeters Measured Screw to Screw-

Now, I don't know if my Vert has better Dash Tweeters then the Sedans, but mine are actually a Good Quality Infinity Speaker, they look EXACTLY like the Dash Tweeters in a Jeep Grand Cherokee, while the Dash Tweeters in my Friend Steve's 06 Route 66 Sedan, are MOSTLY Plastic, looking more like a 1" Tweeter, lol and they Sound TERRIBLE, lol, but anyway, I know of a Company that wants to Make Replacements for our Dash Tweeters, they will be Plug and Play, they already Make Tweeters for Jeeps, such as the Grand Cherokee, but first, they want to send me a Free Set, have me Take Pictures and Videos of the Install, then Test them out and all, then, they will begin Making and Selling them to the PT Public, BUT, they want me to Measure the Dash Tweeters Screw to Screw first, before they send me a Set, just to make sure they'll Fit; however, I do not feel like Dismantling my whole Dash right now, don't have the time right now anyway, so I'd Appreciate it GREATLY if any one of you can give me a Measurement, like, I know some of you have Removed the Dash Tweeters anyway, so it shouldn't be a Problem to Measure them for me, least I Hope not, because they are waiting for an email back from me here, lol, THANKS in Advance!!

James C. Gockel

Last edited by MoparHemiPower; 12 Sep 2011 at 10:45 pm.
Old 13 Sep 2011, 04:30 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Need Dash Tweeters Measured Screw to Screw-

I just happened to pull my dash apart a little while ago...
The holes are 4" on center.
here is a pic:

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS; 1995 Caprice Classic woody
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 13 Sep 2011, 05:58 pm
Regular Cruiser

Cool Re: Need Dash Tweeters Measured Screw to Screw-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcktpwrd View Post
I just happened to pull my dash apart a little while ago...
The holes are 4" on center.
here is a pic:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH Joel!!

I will email them now, but I just Hope ALL PT Cruiser Dash Speakers are the same, because if not, there may be a Problem, lol, all I know is I do believe 100% my Dash Tweeters are also 4" like you Showed, but mine are slightly different Looking, as I said, they Look like the Jeep Grand Cherokee Tweeters, plus, with my Friends 06, his Dash Tweeters are mostly Plastic, with just a 1" Tweeter in the Center, lol, so maybe Chrysler just changed them over the Years, like they did other things with our Cruisers, I dunno, lol, but as long as they are all 4" on center, we are Good to go and the Speakers they Make are SUPER HIGH QUALITY!!
Old 13 Sep 2011, 06:41 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Need Dash Tweeters Measured Screw to Screw-

your welcome!

The 'speaker' is all plastic, the center part has a fabric cover over the actual speaker part which is about an inch across.
I would imagine that the speakers haven't changed too much across all the years of the PT...

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS; 1995 Caprice Classic woody
www.rcktpwrd.com