Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Speaker Suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Sep 2011, 02:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Speaker Suggestions

I put a pretty good sony system in my car, but the factory cruiser speakers just aren't cutting it anymore, does anyone have any suggestions on a good set of speakers?
Old 20 Sep 2011, 02:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Speaker Suggestions

If you thumb through all the posts in this sound section I'm sure you'll run into a dozen or more threads talking about upgrades (including speakers) to the stock system.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 20 Sep 2011, 03:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

lots of speaker options out there... a key factor in picking out a set is how much do you want to spend?

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS; 1995 Caprice Classic woody
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 25 Sep 2011, 08:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I'd recommend getting some component speakers for the front, polk db6501 is what I got and they work great, and they're not too expensive either....
Old 26 Sep 2011, 10:18 am
Fresh Cruiser

i was actually looking at a set of polk db6501 thanks for the recommend, i think thats what i am going to go with now.
Old 29 Sep 2011, 12:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to insanepagen

If money's not a concern, may I recommend the Infinity kappa perfect 6.1 component speakers. They are crystal clear treble wise, and the mids to midbass are tight and controlled! They are a b**ch to install, but, well worth it since they so faithfully reproduce the music with such detail and clarity!
Old 29 Sep 2011, 02:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I havent heard of the Infinity kappa, but looking them up on ebay, they run about the same price as the polk audio that i was looking at. They look like a nightmare to install though.
Old 02 Oct 2011, 06:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to insanepagen

The mid bass drivers were easy enough to install but the tweeters were quite difficult to install. I had to make a custom mount for them! But believe me when I say this, in my opion there is not a finer speaker out there in this price range!
Old 02 Oct 2011, 08:11 pm
Senior Cruiser

I put my tweeters in the little sail panel at the top of the door, behind the mirrors... Cut out the opening and popped them in there.

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS; 1995 Caprice Classic woody
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 05 Oct 2011, 02:49 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Speaker Suggestions

Hey their Guys,

I recon I'll throw my 2 cents into the mix just for good measure.

I'm running my trusty old Fosgate X162S 6-1/2" Component's up front, and Fosgate T1682S 6"x8" Component's in back OEM locations along with my subs, and rest of my junk taking up room in the trunk.

Rear Tweets are mounted in PVC pipe fittings sealed in along side the crossovers, and for me I don't drive my ride much as its more a toy so I went and mounted my front tweets again in PVC fittings capped off and sealed behind my center vents to kinda sorta create a clean stealth center channel thing going on. They are mounted on top about 2" behind the center bezel AC Vents so the AC still blows nice and cold with little obstruction for a still functional out of sight out of mind kind of install methodology I had at the time.

Another cool idea I always liked was to mount tweets in one of those center Gauge Clusters. For some reason I always kinda dug on the look for the PT. Here is a pic of one, and for me I always kinda like the idea of a center channel pointing forward like a home theater concept verses doing the sail panels and having the tweets pointing pretty much towards each other which really I recon just comes down to more or less personal preference on how you like your staging.

Infinity Kappa's, and Polks are both excellent as well. Whatever you opt for, just keep in mind the front doors are somewhat more narrow and some 6.50 Speakers may interfere with the glass rolling up and down.

Please keep in mind I am by no means nearly as technical, or Audiophile as some of these way more experienced Guys on here are. Just more kinda play with it till I am somewhat satisfied with what I like to here.

And you most likely have seen her before, but I'll leave ya off with a couple pix of my set up of the moment.

Single DIN Clarion DXZ785USB Head Unit with Clarion EQ chopped and glassed into the center bezel in custom chassis painted to match HOK Kandy Tangerine pearl. You can kinda see my Tweets in behind the AC vents in this pic.

And my current trunk set up which may change here shortly with a total rebuild of my air ride set up currently underway as of today of which some o is an integrated part of my current box at the moment. No worries, she will be built again if need be, only better, and louder!!!

Anywayz, that's my 2 cents worth. Wish ya all the best on whatever you decide.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing