Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Recommend me a complete sound system

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Oct 2011, 01:22 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Recommend me a complete sound system

I finally got around to getting an alarm system installed into my 2005 PT Cruiser (standard edition), and now I am looking for a good, complete sound system for my baby.

I've been doing some research on what makes a good sound system, and when I thought I was confident and ready to go out and purchase everything needed, I ended up realizing that I still don't know enough to determine what type of sound system I should get for my car.

At the moment, I am looking to put an amplifier into the car as well as bass speakers. Once those are done, I will be looking into replacing the factory default speakers (although, they do sound pretty good to me, but what do I know?).

I was wondering if anyone here could suggest a good sound system for my car. I don't have a price limit for the sound system, but I'm also not looking for anything top of the line (competition type sound systems). Just something I could feel and enjoy in my cruiser.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 02:16 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Dill
Default Re: Recommend me a complete sound system

Are you planning to amp the front and rear speakers as well or just the subwoofer?

If You Have Not Already, Add Yourself To The PT Cruiser Members Map!

To Learn More About My PT Cruiser And Its Mods Visit My PT's Blog At www.PickledPt.blogspot.com
Old 17 Oct 2011, 02:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Just the subwoofers. Since I intend on doing the installation myself, I don't want to do anything too excessive until I am better familiarized with sound systems.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 07:05 pm
Senior Cruiser

If you just wanting to round out the factory system, its hard to beat the factory mopar sub. It goes into the storage pocket in the rear, takes up no room, you dont need to run extra wiring, no axtra amp is needed as its built in and it plugs directly into the factory radio OR it can added to an aftermarket (just tell the seller when you buy).

PT Cruiser 80 Watt Digital Amp 8" Subwoofer speaker digital crossover Chrysler | eBay

A lot of use have these and are happy with the sound. However if your wanting something loud and plenty of bass then you will need more than this.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 09:02 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwing777 View Post
If you just wanting to round out the factory system, its hard to beat the factory mopar sub. It goes into the storage pocket in the rear, takes up no room, you dont need to run extra wiring, no axtra amp is needed as its built in and it plugs directly into the factory radio OR it can added to an aftermarket (just tell the seller when you buy).

PT Cruiser 80 Watt Digital Amp 8" Subwoofer speaker digital crossover Chrysler | eBay

A lot of use have these and are happy with the sound. However if your wanting something loud and plenty of bass then you will need more than this.
This is a great way to go, it adds the missing low end bass. If your looking for the deep thump this won't do it. Its just enough to give a good full sound to the stereo. Plus it takes up no room in the back of the car, so you still have full use of the cargo area.

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS; 1995 Caprice Classic woody
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 18 Oct 2011, 08:10 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Dill

The alpine type S speakers would work well in your car for factory replacement speakers. They are great stock replacements and could be amped at a later date if you wanted. If youre sure about amping but dont want anything super fancy id go with the type Rs.

If youre not a bass nut but still want more bass than the stock sub meantioned above you could get a 5 channel amp, which will be a amo for the sub as well as for the front and rear speakers. If you go this way Id suggest maybe a JL W3 or maybe even a alpine type R sub to match the whole set up.

Be sure when you add a amp in your car to run a 0 gauge wire from your batterys negative post to the car you would only need like 1 or 2 feet to do it.

If You Have Not Already, Add Yourself To The PT Cruiser Members Map!

To Learn More About My PT Cruiser And Its Mods Visit My PT's Blog At www.PickledPt.blogspot.com