Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
HELP! replacing my 6cd changer in my 2005 dream cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Oct 2011, 05:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default HELP! replacing my 6cd changer in my 2005 dream cruiser

ok im sure this has already been adressed but i'm new to the forum so here goes.

i have a 2005 dream series 4 with the premium infinity sound system and 6 cd changer. i purchased a subwoofer and an amp. we tried to install it to the factory system and after much headache i decided "screw it" and decided to use an after market stereo. i bought a wiring harness and a dash kit. can anyone tell me how to hook it up since i have a factory amp under the seat. theres just more to it than i expected.
Old 23 Oct 2011, 07:15 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: HELP! replacing my 6cd changer in my 2005 dream cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiajoi View Post
ok im sure this has already been adressed but i'm new to the forum so here goes.

i have a 2005 dream series 4 with the premium infinity sound system and 6 cd changer. i purchased a subwoofer and an amp. we tried to install it to the factory system and after much headache i decided "screw it" and decided to use an after market stereo. i bought a wiring harness and a dash kit. can anyone tell me how to hook it up since i have a factory amp under the seat. theres just more to it than i expected.
First, welcome to the forums! Next you need to know that your stock changer will not work with your aftermarket radio. Second, if your stock system is working fine, you were happy with it and the amp that you purchased has speaker level inputs, you can relativity easily install your sub and amp (assuming) if that's what you want to accomplish. I'll be happy to help you.

Cheers!
Old 24 Oct 2011, 01:11 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for your reply! I was beginning to wonder if there was anyone out there lol. Hered what's goinon so far. At first I was more than happy to simply add theamp and sub to the fsvtory stereo. Until we couldn't figure it out. So then I decided to use a stereo I had in abother car. And now when we connect that one there is power but no sound. So as for which stereo I should use they both have pros so I guess it will boil down to which fix is easiest . I like the idea if being able to use my ipod with the after market stereo but I also likedthe 6 CD option so really at this point itswhich is easier lol.
Old 24 Oct 2011, 08:36 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Thanks for your reply! I was beginning to wonder if there was anyone out there lol. Hered what's goinon so far. At first I was more than happy to simply add theamp and sub to the fsvtory stereo. Until we couldn't figure it out. So then I decided to use a stereo I had in abother car. And now when we connect that one there is power but no sound. So as for which stereo I should use they both have pros so I guess it will boil down to which fix is easiest . I like the idea if being able to use my ipod with the after market stereo but I also likedthe 6 CD option so really at this point itswhich is easier lol.
No worries,

Not to be blunt, but you did not answer any of my specific questions. Answering them will help with your install, what you want to accomplish and determine which is easier.

Start with this:

Is your stock system working fine, were you were happy with it? - Yes or no?

Does the amp that you purchased have speaker level inputs opposed to line level inputs or both? - Yes or no?

We'll move forward from there once you respond. You can have the best of all 3 worlds (Ipod, 6 cd changer and sub/amp combo) if I know this info.

Cheers!

Last edited by fabreezai; 24 Oct 2011 at 08:40 pm.
Old 25 Oct 2011, 10:39 am
Fresh Cruiser

OK .. was it working fine? Yes. Was I happy with it? Yes for the most part. (Aside from the fact that they installed premium sound with no auxiliary or iPod input options).

The question about the amp? I don't know. I will try to figure that out or maybe post a picture.

Gimme 5 min
Old 25 Oct 2011, 10:58 am
Fresh Cruiser

Looks like speaker level inputs
Old 25 Oct 2011, 10:59 am
Fresh Cruiser

Old 25 Oct 2011, 10:20 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Great-

Your amp will do both. That gives us a direction to go in. First you need to put your stock system back together and confirm that is completely functioning correctly. Once you have that done let me know and we'll address hooking up your amp and sub, then your Ipod. One step at a time.

Cheers!
Old 25 Oct 2011, 10:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

ok its already back together (i couldnt live without music for a day lol) and its running just fine
Old 28 Oct 2011, 08:14 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
ok its already back together (i couldnt live without music for a day lol) and its running just fine
Sorry for the delay Maiajoi-

My isp was down for a few days due to a storm. Ok, Next thing you need to do is find a location to mount your amp. Normally I would say under the seat but you have the factory system under there. unless you can fit the amp there in addition, you will have to find another location where you can fit it. Once we know where you are going to mount it we can determine where it will be easiest to run the wires for it, you'll need power, signal and sub location. Let me know.

I'll be on NM this weekend so might be Monday before I get back to you.

Cheers!