Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Radio drives me crazy!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Feb 2004, 01:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Radio drives me crazy!!

Don't get me wrong, I love my PT . . . . . but the gilt is somewhat off the lilly for me.

Within weeks of the time I took delivery of my car an odd defect became evident, occassionally, perhaps one start in 50, when I start the car the radio would get no power. There would be no music and the face would not light up. I tried everything I could think of and had been suggested, (jiggling the key, the turn signal, steering column, etc) and nothing. The only way to get the radio to play would be to shut the car off and restart. The dealer replaced the radio . . . twice and last replaced the wiring harness. Not only does this still happen, but a NEW problem has now started. Now, sometimes, the radio will make a loud noise through the speakers sounding like a relay being thrown, the radio will come on and play for a few seconds, the loud sound will go off again and the radio will go silent. Face lit up as normal, but no noise whatsoever. And when this starts I lose radio for some time, usually for the rest of the day this is the way the radio works . . . . or in this case, fails to work.

Needless to say this is driving me, and the dealer, somewhat batty.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Old 02 Feb 2004, 02:08 pm
Senior Cruiser

I assume its new.

Sounds like a connect they didn't already replace. Can you recieve another PT because of this diffect make the car unsafe to drive because at anytime the radio may go on and produce this wierd noise and startel the driver and they may have a accident.
Old 03 Feb 2004, 01:44 pm
Regular Cruiser

Sounds like ....replace the car...Lemon Law, 3 strikes on the same problem and your out !! I would certainly pursue this if the problem continues.