PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Question after installing speakers in front doors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Apr 2004, 08:17 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Question after installing speakers in front doors

Good evening.

I just installed new speakers in the front doors of my cruiser. The speakers the same size as the OEMs. I have a quick question about the way the door panel is sitting after installation....

On both doors, the panel is slightly away from the door itself (I do mean slightly... it's not a larger gap, but it is a gap none the less) on the part of the door heading towards the back of the vehicle. I don't recall this gap being there before the installation. I check to be sure that all the pins are snapped tightly and they are. Is this normal or should I remove the panels again and re-seat them? (hoping I don't have to do that....)

Thanks for the help.
Old 08 Apr 2004, 09:09 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ptcruzin42

Even though all of the pins are seated tightly...one of them may have com unhooked from the panel itself, and it pushing up slightly on the door panel. You should take the panel off =( and try again to make sure that everything is as it should be. There deffinitely shouldn't be any gaps, I have pulled my door panels off 5 or 6 times and they still pop back on tight as new.
Old 08 Apr 2004, 10:19 pm
Young Cruiser

Thanks ptcruzin.... I did the drivers door again... it's now nice and tight... I'll do the passengers side tomorrow and should be good to go...

Thanks for the quick response and the help.

Btw.. nice ride! Getting a new hood for mine and a street rod grille. Hope to get them installed next week!!
Old 09 Apr 2004, 01:10 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ptcruzin42

Thanks for the compliment!
Mine is getting turned into a panel wagon, should be done at the end of the month =)
www.nytmareproductions.com