Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
WEIRD PROBLEM HERE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Mar 2014, 10:58 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default WEIRD PROBLEM HERE

I have a Avital alarm system w/auto start, well the alarm works perfect, BUT the auto start, it tryies to start does for a few seconds, than dies, but i noticed when hood is open, sometimes it stays on? and no nothing is shorting out, ive been at this 3 days in between everything else im doing, just wondered if anyone encountered a problem like this, i bought a new batter,and funny thing it started right up???? thought i was out of the woods, than ii got home and tried for shits n giggglez? no luck arggggghhhhhh

here's the key

pretty sure its the avital 4103, altho i noticed my defroster doesn't work, and reading instructions, there connected somehow...check it out. help would be appreciated, id love to use the start feature in the winter
http://www.directeddealers.com/manua...008-07_web.pdf
file:///C:/Users/Denise-Fabian/Downloads/Avital_4103.pdf

install manual

Semper Fidelis!!!

Last edited by TommyBlazin; 31 Mar 2014 at 01:51 am.
Old 31 Mar 2014, 05:26 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: WEIRD PROBLEM HERE

Had the same problem with mine. Was the same make. Turned out to be a defect in the brain. I had the installer instal a new module. I now have a comp u star and have no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBlazin View Post
I have a Avital alarm system w/auto start, well the alarm works perfect, BUT the auto start, it tryies to start does for a few seconds, than dies, but i noticed when hood is open, sometimes it stays on? and no nothing is shorting out, ive been at this 3 days in between everything else im doing, just wondered if anyone encountered a problem like this, i bought a new batter,and funny thing it started right up???? thought i was out of the woods, than ii got home and tried for shits n giggglez? no luck arggggghhhhhh

here's the key

pretty sure its the avital 4103, altho i noticed my defroster doesn't work, and reading instructions, there connected somehow...check it out. help would be appreciated, id love to use the start feature in the winter
http://www.directeddealers.com/manua...008-07_web.pdf
file:///C:/Users/Denise-Fabian/Downloads/Avital_4103.pdf

install manual
2006 Cruiser, Non-Turbo, 19 inch Konig Trouble rims on 225/35/19 Ironman Imove tires, Airaid CAI, E3 Plugs, msd super conductor 8.5 mm wires, Freedon Design Strut Tower Brace, Glow Shift Pillar gauges, EBC Slotted Rotors with EBC Green Stuff Ceramic Fiber Core Pads, Lowerd on Tien springs, Full Custom Kenwood Excelon sound system with 1 12" JL Audio W0, 8000k Blue hids up top and aftermarket OEM Fogs with white 8000k in bumper. Ipcw Bermuda black true led taillights with tinted reverse lights.
Old 31 Mar 2014, 08:02 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crid View Post
Had the same problem with mine. Was the same make. Turned out to be a defect in the brain. I had the installer instal a new module. I now have a comp u star and have no issues.

Did your car also auto start when in car and key is in "on position, than you can take key out, valet? that works every time? I also have 2 error codes i never had, i have to find out first one i will fill it in when i find...

code's :0513:
code :0522:Engine oil pressure sensor/switch circuit low voltage

Semper Fidelis!!!
Old 01 Apr 2014, 09:26 am
Regular Cruiser

i went to alarm /rim/stereo shop yesterday, the tech opened the pop down panel under steering column and found a grey and white wire spliced and just hanging there off a relay perhaps? ill link a pic, any how the tech was awesome, than the owner came out, the guy was literally only looking at car for 3 min went ti grab a screwdriver to open steering column as he said brain is in there, and owner came out and said i need a new system BLAH blah blah 600$ but alarm works perfect, car does start with key in it, than the tech said ii needed the bypass you mentioned than the owner proceeded to say its 175 plus install i saw the look on techs face thinking its priced high, these guys do bently's all high end cars, so i'm a nobody to them, and they think everyone walking threw the doors is stacked with money, well if he would of let tech open steering column i was prepared to let them install a system and rim package, i had 5k on me,which wouldn't get me much in that shop, but if they treated me right i would of went with them, after-all there's always 100k plus cars sitting out front, so they have to be doing something right?i walked instead, i didn't like the attitude, that's not how you service a customer,i'm in business i cant imagine being that abrupt and still having work the next day anyhow,they think its old and possibly had a third key under in the column area to recognize code?if that makes sense,let me get you a pic, also should i open the column and see whats there, possibility i can take my spare place under car with the magnet holder deal, and that would work as intended? i need advise and you seem to know your stuff, i really appreciate it if anyone lives in bergen county n.j. drop me a line and i'll give you the job!!or ill attempt myself if easy enough i heard the bypass has like 30 wires, but you don't use them all,i'm hoping hooking that spliced cable up and a key would do it, that's obliviously the break, but i mentioned that there's been a handfull of times the auto start worked with hood open and close????so i'm lost, off to pics i talk alot..i will post when it hits my email, i don't know why its taking so long i've been waiting 30 min and sent to 3 different emails,lol gotta love apple
also i think the alarm is a 5103 or 4400, it has a grey key and siren under hood....

Semper Fidelis!!!
Old 01 Apr 2014, 09:47 am
Senior Cruiser

I recently installed a 4103, not in a PT, that is just a remote start and keyless entry system.

The Avital stuff is made by Directed Electronics so it is good quality equipment.

If you look online you should be able to find installation instructions that may help you trace the wires and see what is disconnected.

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 02 Apr 2014, 10:38 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcktpwrd View Post
I recently installed a 4103, not in a PT, that is just a remote start and keyless entry system.

The Avital stuff is made by Directed Electronics so it is good quality equipment.

If you look online you should be able to find installation instructions that may help you trace the wires and see what is disconnected.

pics of whats under the steering column panel, i found grey and white wire wrapped around spliced open ends just hanging there?

alarm works perfect ,just not auto start, only works if key is in ignition, dont have too move just stick it in, and theres a handfull of times the auto start has worked? i thinking the error cose p0522 has something to do with it?

Semper Fidelis!!!
Old 02 Apr 2014, 02:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I cant help much but in the past when crezwin was here he posted pics of where the control modual was and it is in the center of the dash and yes i do think there may be a key in it and that key is what makes it all work not much help but its all I got
Old 02 Apr 2014, 08:49 pm
Senior Cruiser

not a clue what the little box is or where that wire should go...

if you can find the exact modle number of the alarm/remote start, try checking out Car Alarm, Car Stereo, Mobile Video, and Cruise Control Info for Installers there is a huge wealth of information there!

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS
www.rcktpwrd.com