Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Alarm system

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Apr 2014, 04:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default PT Alarm system

Gd eve, I am a new user and checked already via the search button, but not that efforts i need. Maybe someone knows and could help me?
i own pt cruiser, reg2005, 2.2 CRD. When i unlock the car with the remote, the alarm goes on. When i unlock with the key, the alarm goes on. It only goes off when i put the key in and turn the ignition on. anyhow, i have no chance to open a door without these alarm system. have already been at a dealer but they don't know really what to do. is it possible to deactivate these noisy feature? or is it possible to pull the plug of these horn? i am german and lived there until 2009 and had exactly the same car as LHD there, but it had no alarm system. So, is there anybody with an idea?
many thanks to everybody and a big SORRY for my poor english language
Old 05 Apr 2014, 05:22 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: PT Alarm system

Greetings
Welcome to the forum
Alarm systems are such a mystery. I DIY installed a Mopar EVS-1 alarm system (essentially the dealership add-on system). It doesn't work like the factory system, what to speak of European. However, it works quite well and can be toggled off (valet mode).

Anyway, the siren is under a fender; see copied below from a shop manual. If your standard horn is honking, that's a different kettle of fish.

"The VTSS will not arm by mechanically locking the vehicle doors. This will manually override the system."

For the siren:
"Remove the left front wheel well splash shield
Remove the air blocker to see siren.
Disconnect the siren electrical connector."

"VEHICLE THEFT SECURITY SYSTEM - EXPORT
Some vehicles are equipped with a premium vehicle theft security system. The Premium Vehicle Theft Security System (VTSS) is designed to protect
against whole vehicle theft and the loss of its contents.
This system monitors vehicle doors, hood, liftgate and ignition key cylinders for unauthorized operation, as well as monitoring any movement inside the cabin when the intrusion sensor is armed.
Some vehicles are equipped with a standard vehicle theft security system. This system is designed to protect against whole vehicle theft. This system monitors the vehicle doors, liftgate, and ignition key cylinders for unauthorized operation."

"VEHICLE THEFT SECURITY SYSTEM - EXPORT
In the event the Premium VTSS is triggered, the VTSS siren will sound and the turn indicator lamps will flash on the premium security system. The premium system cannot be disarmed via the key cylinders. In the event the Standard VTSS is triggered, the VTSS will sound the vehicle horn and flash the headlamp and park lamps in a alternating fashion.
The VTSS and RKE system receives signals from the hand-held key fob or transmitter. European market vehicles use 433 MHz frequency. Japan market
vehicles use 268 MHz frequency."

"INTRUSION SENSOR - EXPORT DESCRIPTION
Some vehicles equipped with the premium vehicle theft security system (VTSS) use a ultrasonic intrusion sensor. This intrusion sensor is integrated into the dome lamp and detects any movement in the cabin when the VTSS system and the intrusion sensor are armed. The sensor cannot be serviced separately and if found to be faulty the entire dome lamp assembly must be replaced.
OPERATION
In the event the intrusion sensor detects movement inside the vehicle’s interior (with system armed), the ARKEM module will sound the siren. Refer to
ARKEM module description and operation in the Power Door Locks section of the service manual for detailed information.
DISARMING THE INTRUSION SENSOR (Two methods)
**Press the “LOCK” button on Remote Keyless Entry transmitter THREE times within FIVE seconds. This operation must be performed during the first 16 seconds of VTSS system arming.
**Rotating the drivers door key cylinder THREE times within FIVE seconds. This operation must be performed during the first 16 seconds of VTSS system
arming."
Old 06 Apr 2014, 02:45 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: PT Alarm system

hi and a good morning. thanks very much for ur reply. does it mean, it could pull the plug and get rid of this problem? I asked already at the chrysler shop floor but they said it could cause another electric problems, better not to do. if not, i unplug it.
Have a nice weekend