Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
OEM Bluetooth Rear View Mirror?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Apr 2014, 07:41 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Question OEM Bluetooth Rear View Mirror?

There's lots of original Chrysler bluetooth rear view mirrors to be had at both salvage yards and on eBay. And they are relatively cheap. To me, this might be a great item to add to a PT Cruiser.

From the photos, it appear that the wiring socket on the back is the same 10-pin connector that is used to for the external CD player and other accessories on most Chrysler stereo heads. So there's a good chance this bluetooth mirror would interface with any Chrysler stereo with a Mode button. But I'm not sure about the other socket on the back of the mirror.

Has anyone tried to add one of these to their PT? Is the actual bluetooth module inside the mirror itself? And if so, how was the mirror wired into the PT?

Old 16 Apr 2014, 05:17 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: OEM Bluetooth Rear View Mirror?

The mirror by itself won't do anything - it doesn't have the BT system in the mirror. This mirror was used with the first Uconnect systems starting in '05 with the 300/Magnum and then moved into many of the other vehicles in the lineup. The radio head unit and BT were separate units. Starting with the MyGig radios, the BT was built into the Chrysler head units. I added the Mygig and an auto-dim mirror (with built-in microphones) to our PT.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 06:24 pm
Banned

Handy dandy

I know you have said you frequent junk yards a lot maybe that is where you got your bird flu virus or whatever you have. Those places are crawling with germs. They are usually there cause they were involved in an accident which could have contained blood and other bodily fluids.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 09:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
Handy dandy

I know you have said you frequent junk yards a lot maybe that is where you got your bird flu virus or whatever you have. Those places are crawling with germs. They are usually there cause they were involved in an accident which could have contained blood and other bodily fluids.
Thanks Busa. You do know I'm an Industrial Hygienist, don't you? I've overseen the cleanup of my share of dead bodies and still do a little cleanup of cars involved in police shoot outs. It's one of things I'm an expert on. And at one time, I had a crew that did this regularly.

What I had was Rocky Mountain Spotted Tick Fever. You get that from being bit by one of several species of deer ticks that carry a rickettsia bacteria. And less than one percent of people that get bit by one of these tick carriers actually gets the disease. I guess I was just lucky.

Only about 20 percent of the folks that get this ever find or see the tick that infected them. I didn't find mine either. But chances are that I got bit while jogging. Since the weather had warmed up, I had started a longer 4.5 mile route that took me though several short spans of forest and tall grass with no clear trail. The tick likely bit me several days to a week before I first felt sick. There's a chance that my jogging helped speed the bacteria throughout my body and may have increased my chances of getting sick.

In my career, I've dealt with lots of bad stuff including blood-borne pathogens, dead bodies, radiation, hazard waste, toxic mold, bird and bat quango, asbestos, extreme heat and cold, explosives, meth labs, and even chemical weapons. But my personal opinion is that life is too short and precious to be afraid. I take precautions, but when you run through the forest, something will eventually bite you one way or another. But it's 100% worth it.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 16 Apr 2014 at 09:24 pm.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 10:34 pm
Banned

Thanks for the resume.

I always pegged you as the guy in the church that passed around the poisonous snake to see if the members had enough faith to hold a poisonous snake and have it not bite them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Thanks Busa. You do know I'm an Industrial Hygienist, don't you? I've overseen the cleanup of my share of dead bodies and still do a little cleanup of cars involved in police shoot outs. It's one of things I'm an expert on. And at one time, I had a crew that did this regularly.

What I had was Rocky Mountain Spotted Tick Fever. You get that from being bit by one of several species of deer ticks that carry a rickettsia bacteria. And less than one percent of people that get bit by one of these tick carriers actually gets the disease. I guess I was just lucky.

Only about 20 percent of the folks that get this ever find or see the tick that infected them. I didn't find mine either. But chances are that I got bit while jogging. Since the weather had warmed up, I had started a longer 4.5 mile route that took me though several short spans of forest and tall grass with no clear trail. The tick likely bit me several days to a week before I first felt sick. There's a chance that my jogging helped speed the bacteria throughout my body and may have increased my chances of getting sick.

In my career, I've dealt with lots of bad stuff including blood-borne pathogens, dead bodies, radiation, hazard waste, toxic mold, bird and bat quango, asbestos, extreme heat and cold, explosives, meth labs, and even chemical weapons. But my personal opinion is that life is too short and precious to be afraid. I take precautions, but when you run through the forest, something will eventually bite you one way or another. But it's 100% worth it.