PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
please help w link for door speakers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Apr 2014, 07:22 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default please help w link for door speakers

i think i need 2 sets of these

Chrysler Speaker Wire Harness Connects Aftermarket to Adapter Plug Set C6514 | eBay

also i want the best bang for my buck drop in speakers, and if i need those plates, if u can link them as well would be appreciated,i remember rockford fosgates, but forgot sizes for front and read, also what plates i need, thanks guys

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRYSLER-PT-...3D231210180961

or the cheaper ones not sure how much more sound or clarity id get outta other set
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRYSLER-PT-...3D231210180961
???

i know i had a thread started but it got to confusing, spun me around and i didn't have a clue what i needed, i have 2005 pt gt cruiser

Semper Fidelis!!!

Last edited by TommyBlazin; 21 Apr 2014 at 07:41 pm.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 09:04 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: please help w link for door speakers

You can pick those adapters up cheaper on Amazon(I just did, I think they were $6 a pair for metra's).

As far as the speakers, you can most likely also find those cheaper at amazon... But that's not a bad price.

Something to consider/think about... Are you keeping the stock head unit? If so, make sure you go to a brick and mortar store be listen to the speakers you are looking at. The stock head unit has a VERY pronounced bump in frequencies in the high range. this is good for speakers such as the stock units they put in, but can have a negative effect on over all sound quality on speakers that have better high frequency response. It will cause your output to sound a lot brighter and possibly thin depending on the speaker you choose. For that reason, I you are keeping the stock head unit, look for some speakers with a bit of a roll off around 5-10k.

I just put a full set of Memphis Power reference speakers in all 6 locations and cannot wait til my new head unit and amp get here... The clarity is awesome, but they definitely need to be EQ'd and tuned for car(as well as a bit more power).

2003 Limited
In its natural habitat.

2005 Dream Cruiser
2003 PT Cruiser Limited
2010 Town and Country Limited
1992 Fifth Avenue

It appears we have a bit of a Chrysler fetish in this house...