PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Remove and Replace my aftermarket stereo head

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 May 2014, 05:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Remove and Replace my aftermarket stereo head

Hi

Can anyone tell me or give me a link on removing the plastic cover for the center plastic panel that surrounds the stereo, heater controls, ect. I'll bet someone has a simple process to remove the panel. Just hoping !!

Cheers,

Don
Old 21 May 2014, 05:39 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Remove and Replace my aftermarket stereo head

carefully pull out the window control panel, there is 1 screw behind it, and just pull the panel out, remove the knobs from the AC panel before you pull it out or they will shoot out like bullets lol.
Mods/GTS Taillight covers/tinted backup lights/smoked license plate cover/Mopar blow off valve/8k hids/billet fuel door/Amber gold fogs/audio/video/blue pearl shift knob/All blue LEDs inside/Custom made hard pipe and air filter/Airhorn/black Billet upper grille/aluminum floormats/mopar boost gauge/mopar stage 1/Mopar aero kit (ground effects)/Black housing headlights/SRS 2.5' Catback/in channel vent visors/shaved badges/
Old 21 May 2014, 05:52 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: Remove and Replace my aftermarket stereo head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCorvette View Post
Can anyone tell me or give me a link on removing the plastic cover for the center plastic panel that surrounds the stereo, heater controls, ect.
Now since you didn't introduce yourself or your PT Cruiser(or even what year it is?).......So,I'm just gonna assume you have a Gen-1 PT Cruiser(2000/1-2005),and post links for that(Hey;I got a 50% chance of being right!)
OK;This link will provide you a step-by-step w/pictures for removing the radio bezel,and the entire rest of your dash too!lol:
AllparForums: Instrument Cluster - PT Cruiser - Allpar, the Chrysler Car Community

Or;If you prefer a video there's also this:

EDIT-After making me do all the extra work of having to go thru your old posts,I was able to find out you have a 2002 PT Cruiser,so the instructions posted are correct for your model........See it's for reasons like this that you need to fill out your signature,or you'll almost need to post your PT's info everytime,unless you want everyone to just guess,or read your mind.

Last edited by randyincctx; 21 May 2014 at 06:04 pm. Reason: Had to do research!
Old 21 May 2014, 06:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I know it's already been explained. But this is just cut and paste for me from a thread where I answered the same questions yesterday.

Pop out the electric window controller using a no-mar tool. Then remove the single Philips screw. Pull the HVAC knobs and then the bezel will pop off. Remove the four Philips screws around the stereo head and then you can pull it out.

PS: I recently install a Chrysler RB1 in my 2001 Limited. It gets a lot better reception than the standard RBK I used to have. This would work great in a 2002 PT also.

Old 21 May 2014, 07:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hi All,

First, I apologize for not having given the necessary info in my post. Wont happen again. I really appreciate the extra work that some of you went to locate the year of my PT. I will fill out my profile with the necessary info over the weekend.

All the responses were helpful especially the response from randyincctx that included the video. The video is excellent and I should have no problem with the R and R of the stereo head.

Thanks Again for going the full mile to help me.

Cheers

Don