Remote start on 2006 PT

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By xwing777
  • 3 Post By Shaun_Jones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jul 2014, 08:30 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Remote start on 2006 PT

I installed a remote start kit on the wifes 2006 PT. The part# is OL-RS-CH5 and i ordered from KICKYRIDE.COM, Security | Remote Start | Keyless Entry | Performance for $88.85 shipped. You can find the Omegalink OL-RS-CH5 for a lower price but you need a programming cable (needed just for initial install only) and they run around $40 alone so in the end you pay more.

kickyride.com will program the module for free before they ship it out. Anyway heres how simple it is.
1) You remove the clamshell covers around steering column to get access to the ignition switch.

2) unplug the connector underneath the switch. Plug the connector into the T-harness they give you and the other end of their harness into the ignition switch.

3) there are 2 wires you tap into your factory wires located on another ignition harness on the far left side of the ignition switch

4) you then wake up canbus by closing/opening door then insert key, turn on, press unlock on your factory fob and when the led goes green (on module) then out. Its done.

There site seems to cover about any canbus systems but nothing this simple for older models.

Anyway i am not an affiliate of this site but was very impressed how slick and easy this install went compared to the old days of remote start systems. There are add ons available for longer range, stand alone fobs, etc..

To use it you press the lock button on your fob 3 times. After it cranks you insert key and turn on then hit brake pedal to take over so you can turn off.

Heres a video after i got it installed:

Old 18 Dec 2014, 12:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Remote start on 2006 PT

That's awesome! Would you be interested in selling/renting your usb link cable for the install? The site you had shown for the kit either went out of business or isn't working, so I ordered the unit from amazon. I'll see if it comes with the usb link cable, but nothing in the description indicates that it will. Let me know!

Shaun
Old 18 Dec 2014, 12:55 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun_Jones View Post
That's awesome! Would you be interested in selling/renting your usb link cable for the install? The site you had shown for the kit either went out of business or isn't working, so I ordered the unit from amazon. I'll see if it comes with the usb link cable, but nothing in the description indicates that it will. Let me know!

Shaun

I could be wrong, but I think his unit gave him some big problems last month & has been removed.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 18 Dec 2014, 09:18 pm
Senior Cruiser

No, not on mine, wife uses it almost daily without any issues.

As for the site, it is still is up and they have a number listed 706-395-5425. They should have a cable or you can order from amazon (should have shown both together when you added the remote start kit to cart) Amazon.com: Excalibur OLLOADER Omega USB interface for programable OmegaLink modules.
Old 23 Dec 2014, 04:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for all the help on this. I found out that kickyride will even rent the olloader usb for $10, so that makes life easier.
Old 23 Dec 2014, 07:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

One thing i did do is program the horn beep off when you lock the doors. You can do this on the PT cluster along with other stuff in case you didnt know.
Old 24 Dec 2014, 10:23 am
Fresh Cruiser

Cool, I did have one more question. I originally contacted Omega support to get info on how to flash it. They informed me only authorized dealers are able to access the flashing program on their site. What was your experience with this?
Old 25 Dec 2014, 10:12 am
Senior Cruiser

I didnt have to program it, they did it for me and all i did was connect it to car. They may be able to provide software to you if you rent the cable?
Old 03 Jan 2015, 01:49 am
Fresh Cruiser

Success! Kickyride includes info on getting an id, installing the software, and flashing the module!