Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
DEKA BATTERY Q

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Aug 2014, 11:04 am
Regular Cruiser

Default DEKA BATTERY Q

I am changing radiator, along with a long list of parts, i took my Deka out of a 2005 gt turbo, i was wondering if this was the stock battery for that year, i called manufacturer, said it could be jan 04' which is close to my 05' or 2014 January, i had 3.6 volts, but again, car hasn't started in a month, and i've been doing alot of work, alarm went off several times, lights etc, everything but alternator,lol, so i'm slow charging at 2 amps, and if it could be stocks, whats the best battery i could fit in there, i don't like that 556 CCA kinda low for me, especially when i do speakers etc... thanks guys, i plan to change as its not easy to swap,and now's the time, just curious if battery lasted 11 years!!!!

if need replacement, who might have the most punch for the size, sears,auto zone, napa, etc, thanks again!!!

Semper Fidelis!!!
Old 19 Aug 2014, 11:32 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: DEKA BATTERY Q

I'm on the third battery in my '05 - your 11 year stint sounds pretty good to me.

My latest battery is from O'Reilly's. the second one wasn't gone yet, but it was five years old and I got a good deal on a new one.

It took about 20 minutes for me and my son to replace the battery - would have been quicker but we are both klutzes and hadn't done one before. It's not rocket science, but simple tasks can be intimidating to us hillbillies.

Harry

2005 Touring n/a - Cool Vanilla with J&J vertical billet grille, PTeazer tail lights, Chrome wheels and Baby Moons.
Old 19 Aug 2014, 12:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

HARRY HILLBILLYS come on you knwo its REDNECKS

i DONT THINK A FACTORY BATTERY LASTED 11 YEARS
Old 19 Aug 2014, 12:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Im nto saying it didnt im saying that is a really really long time for a stock battery to last
as far as running amps and big speakers most will do the 3 big upgrades and run a seprate battery for the sound stsyem you only have so much room and unless you want a gel or a red top which you are going to relaly pay for you are kinda limited
Old 19 Aug 2014, 12:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Deka is not the original. Would have been a Chrysler battery. Who knows who actually made those for them.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 19 Aug 2014, 01:29 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruserdad1976 View Post
HARRY HILLBILLYS come on you knwo its REDNECKS

i DONT THINK A FACTORY BATTERY LASTED 11 YEARS

The factory battery in my Mother's 1997 Lumina did last 11 years. BUT the car was garaged and less than 10,000 miles on it after all that time.

She drove to the Doctor, church, and Dillon's for prescriptions and groceries. And (of course) the beauty shop.

I filled the gasoline tank for her about every three months and changed oil every couple of years.

She died at 92 and was still driving - all daytime driving in low-density traffic.

Harry

2005 Touring n/a - Cool Vanilla with J&J vertical billet grille, PTeazer tail lights, Chrome wheels and Baby Moons.
Old 19 Aug 2014, 02:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

WOW thats actually pretty cool way to go Harry