PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Did Your PT Come With A Liftime Subscription to Sirius Radio?

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Sep 2014, 10:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Did Your PT Come With A Liftime Subscription to Sirius Radio?

Yep,

My 2005 GT appears to have a lifetime subscription to Sirius satellite radio. The folks I bought it from said the satellite radio worked when they got it and always has. No subscription required.

Do any of you have this lifetime satellite radio service? And do you know anything about the history of this program? And does the subscription ever end?

The reason I am asking is because I was considering an aftermarket stereo head for my GT. But it would be foolish to give up free Sirius radio for life since I really like it. And as far as I can tell, no one makes an aftermarket stereo head that will interface with the Chrysler factory satellite receiver.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 07:27 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Did Your PT Come With A Liftime Subscription to Sirius Radio?

I think somehow you slipped through the cracks and Sirius doesn't know you still have it. Most programs like Sirius and On-Star come with only 6 months free subscription.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 07:39 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Dont look a gift horse in the mouth. I so wonder where that's saying comes from?

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 29 Sep 2014, 08:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

What is a gift-horse? Why shouldn't you look in its mouth?
What does this idiom actually mean and how is it used?

A gift horse is a horse that was a gift, quite simply. When given a horse, it would be bad manners to inspect the horse's mouth to see if it has bad teeth. This can be applied as an analogy to any gift: Don't inspect it to make sure it matches some standard you have, just be grateful!

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 01 Oct 2014, 07:29 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
What is a gift-horse? Why shouldn't you look in its mouth?
What does this idiom actually mean and how is it used?

A gift horse is a horse that was a gift, quite simply. When given a horse, it would be bad manners to inspect the horse's mouth to see if it has bad teeth. This can be applied as an analogy to any gift: Don't inspect it to make sure it matches some standard you have, just be grateful!
a gift horse was linked back to days befor cars,
you checked the condtion of a horse by checking its teeth, and gums for an idea of its condtion, and age.
so if you got a free horse it would be rude to check its condtion in front of the person who gave it to you, even if its worn out its still a free horse, and you should be thankfull
Old 02 Oct 2014, 05:51 pm
Cool Cruiser

Not in my 2001
Old 02 Oct 2014, 06:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiserLady View Post
Not in my 2001
The reason why your saying NO according to WIKIPEDDIA is.....

"Sirius was officially launched on July 1, 2002. Having secured installation deals with automakers including Chrysler, Ford and BMW, Sirius launched the initial phase of its service in four cities on February 14, 2002, expanding to the rest of the contiguous United States on July 1, 2002"
CruiserLady likes this.

Old 02 Oct 2014, 08:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
The reason why your saying NO according to WIKIPEDDIA is.....

"Sirius was officially launched on July 1, 2002. Having secured installation deals with automakers including Chrysler, Ford and BMW, Sirius launched the initial phase of its service in four cities on February 14, 2002, expanding to the rest of the contiguous United States on July 1, 2002"
Yep.

You got to add the satellite receiver to a 2001 the way I did.

Old 03 Oct 2014, 07:39 am
Senior Cruiser

I wonder if your car really came with a lifetime subscription automatically or if the original buyer paid for it. At one point, and I believe it is still possible, although not advertised on their site, you can call them and buy a lifetime subscription for around $600 for any piece of hardware. But, it's not transferable so you can't transfer it from radio to radio for your life. It is really for your hardware's life. I think they MAY do a one time transfer if your hardware fails after a short time but otherwise it is locked to your specific esn.

Last edited by myckee; 03 Oct 2014 at 07:48 am.
Old 03 Oct 2014, 08:03 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckee View Post
I wonder if your car really came with a lifetime subscription automatically or if the original buyer paid for it. At one point, and I believe it is still possible, although not advertised on their site, you can call them and buy a lifetime subscription for around $600 for any piece of hardware. But, it's not transferable so you can't transfer it from radio to radio for your life. It is really for your hardware's life. I think they MAY do a one time transfer if your hardware fails after a short time but otherwise it is locked to your specific esn.
That is possible. The couple I bought my GT from were not the first owners. It is possible that the first owner purchased I lifetime subscription. But after searching the internet, I have found several references to Daimler Chrysler vehicles that do seem to have come with a lifetime subscription. Or at least, the owners think so.

All I know is for sure that I really enjoy satellite radio and I hope the free music keeps coming.