Advertisements
Radio Upgrade

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PTTuber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Feb 2015, 12:04 am
Young Cruiser

Default Radio Upgrade

I have an 06 route 66 edition and want to find out about getting the stock radio with the input and sirius and phone radio some PT's have. I know I need the sterring wheel radio and rear view mirror but dont knoe how to go about finding them. Any help would be great thanks.
Old 25 Feb 2015, 07:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Radio Upgrade

Looks like you need an REF unit or a navigation head if you want to go all out. The REF unit I saw on eBay for $99 can be found by typing PT Cruiser UConnect into Google. It's the first eBay listing, and the first listing once on eBay's site. Hope this helps.

I'd supply a link, but am on a tablet, and have no clue how to do this, yet!
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 26 Feb 2015, 08:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Radio Upgrade

I liked your idea so perused Google for more information, and came to the conclusion, I can't afford it! 😅 Looks to be a very expensive proposition unless one gets lucky at the junk yard, or on Craig's List & ebay. Knowing what & where to look for the required parts, adaptors, and harnesses, is another problem. I'm going to peruse this site and the internet looking for a compilation listing of parts required for various additions from simply adding Sirius to a full satellite, bluetooth, internet connected navigation system. There are so many parts involved in this endeavor only an auto audio expert is likely to possess this knowledge, but I'll give it a shot.

For purposes of junkyard hopping, I'd need to know in which vehicles these parts where available, their appearance, location, and interchangeability between years. This is one daunting task! I think I better review the situation, and think it out again. 😂