PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
How do I add a new site for front speakers? 2006 base model

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Oct 2015, 02:17 am
Cool Cruiser

Default How do I add a new site for front speakers? 2006 base model

2006 pt cruiser base model.

I want to replace the front speakers with components.... I uh... Have never done this before. But I learned how to wire the head unit myself and installed the double din unit very cleanly. I'd like to learn instead of taking it to a shop but I wouldn't mind if they did it either because I have my door panels off already due to me installing sound deadening material.

Do you try to stuff it through the same rubber grommet that the OEM speaker wire goes to? I ask because I think running an amp solely for the fronts would be beneficial to match a 500w subwoofer.

Simply start the wire at the head unit, shove it back behind the glove compartment and through the rubber grommet and speaker hole? Any trick into stuffing the site through? There is very little space. Remove the grommet from the door? I have no idea how the OEM speaker wire is connected.
Old 01 Oct 2015, 06:01 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: How do I add a new site for front speakers? 2006 base model

To get new wire through the boot, tie or tape the old wire to it and pull it through.

Use quality wire. It'll be bending often
Old 01 Oct 2015, 08:16 am
Banned

When I was adding some wires through the doors, I found it easier to remove the wire grommets from the door and body, they just pull out and then easily reinstall. I taped the wire to a long cable tie, which is flexible but yet somewhat stiff and then snaked that through the door, grommet and body, then inside the vehicle.

If you're upgrading the speakers, which is what I did, the speakers on the below link are a very good upgrade over the stock speakers. They are a direct plug in and mount in the existing holes, no mods required. I just found the one link on Ebay, but they are also available through Amazon.

04 15 Chrysler Dodge Jeep New Kicker Speakers 6 5" Rear Door Mopar Factory | eBay
Old 01 Oct 2015, 04:06 pm
Regular Cruiser

I have added front speakers, to upgrade from factory, Purchased from Crutchfields they have excellent products and there customer service is the best. Hope this helps. Also I have a 006 and 002 touring.
Old 02 Oct 2015, 02:14 am
Cool Cruiser

I kind of want to upgrade to components and an amp. I'd want more power going to the speakers bit I really should at least test to see how it sounds with the sound deafening first...

Any tips on some reading material on how to wire an amp?

Last edited by funkyfred; 02 Oct 2015 at 02:19 am.