Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
RB1 Navigation/radio repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Mar 2017, 09:39 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default RB1 Navigation/radio repair

I have the RB1 nav system installed in my 2004 PT Cruiser, however I'm not getting the msg it can't read the Nav DVD, I tried using a dvd lens cleaner but still getting the msg.
Does anyone know if these things are repairable? If so any suggestions who? I think it was orginally made by Alpine???
Or am I out of luck?
I'm hoping to either trade/sell in near future, I just want everything to work.
Old 23 Mar 2017, 10:40 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: RB1 Navigation/radio repair

Sometimes, the DVD just gets scratched. If your PC has the ability to copy DVD's, you can try to make a copy and see if the stereo will read it. I was able to do this with mine. You can also find DVD map ISO files on Torrent sites, download them and burn them to DVD. You just have to know the numbers of the compatible ones. The map DVD's often contain updates for the stereo. So at one time "back in the day", hacked ISO's that allowed the stereo to read regular DVD's were a big deal. So there's lots of them out there.

Truthfully, the RB1 Nav isn't very good at all and the maps are way out of date. Google Maps on any smart phone is 10 times better. I really doubt that not having active nav on the RB1 will hurt the selling price of your PT too much. When I sold my PT with the RB1 in it, the seller didn't seem to care about the RB1 at all.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 23 Mar 2017 at 10:46 am.

Tags
rb1