Stock stereo auxiliary not working

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jun 2017, 12:09 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Stock stereo auxiliary not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoostangRita View Post
I went and fiddled with it again...actually if you turn the volume on as high as it can go and balanced to the passenger side you can actually faintly hear the music coming from that side but I have to put my ear right to the speaker just about.

Also on the side that does work if you fade all the way to the back you can hear it from the back speaker it's just not very loud so I didn't notice it working before.

I did some research and read some post on the double din and bezel and other modifications but would definitely want to learn more before I went that route.

I think I'll try picking up another auxiliary cord and see if that makes a difference even though these two are brand new...cords can sometimes just be off a smudge and not connect.
If all the speakers work with the radio and CD, then it would most likely be the Aux input jack or cord, so try the cord first, just like you have planned.

Since your stereo has an Aux input jack, you could get a bluetooth adaptor.

This is the one that I currently have:

https://www.amazon.com/iClever-Bluet...eywords=himbox

The first model of adaptor that I had was this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTC455...ct_top?ie=UTF8

When I first got it, it worked fine but I can no longer use it because of some update that Verizon/Samsung applied to my phone, the music keeps cutting in/out. In fact, the seller that I got it from on Amazon even replaced it with their updated model as the very first one that I had was their BTC450. It may work fine for you and if you would like it to give this one a try, I would be more than happy to send it to you for $5 which is just to cover the shipping charges. I can't use it so it might as well go to somebody that can.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
150k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93

Last edited by rckstein; 30 Jun 2017 at 12:54 am.
Old 30 Jun 2017, 08:31 am
Veteran Cruiser

I think it's your cable...try pulling it out just a little while playing...then push it back in.
I'm pretty sure 80% that it will play when you pull it out.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Nexus 5X, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2013)
Old 02 Jul 2017, 06:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I did try wiggling the cord and pulling it out slightly with no luck. Tried cleaning it with air and the miniature homemade lint roller but no luck. The input is at least working someone what since the left side works fine and you can just barely hear the left. si I think it's a cord issue but still haven't had a chance to try another cord.

Rckstein id love to try the adapter you have....I really appreciate that and .thank you! Get a hold of me and let me know how to get the shipping money to you!!
Old 02 Jul 2017, 06:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
I did try wiggling the cord and pulling it out slightly with no luck. Tried cleaning it with air and the miniature homemade lint roller but no luck. The input is at least working someone what since the left side works fine and you can just barely hear the left. si I think it's a cord issue but still haven't had a chance to try another cord.

Rckstein id love to try the adapter you have....I really appreciate that and .thank you! Get a hold of me and let me know how to get the shipping money to you!!
PM sent.

USMC '82 - '93
Old 12 Jul 2017, 04:44 am
Fresh Cruiser

Had the same problem with the transmitter...only came out of one speaker so now I'm suspecting that it's definitely the aux outlet plug itself.

Would put an aftermarket in but $ won't allow for that now so gonna try and find another stock radio with a working aux port

Last edited by MoostangRita; 12 Jul 2017 at 09:52 am.
Old 12 Jul 2017, 08:57 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Had the same problem with the transmitter...only came out of one speaker so now I'm suspecting that it's definitely the aux outlet plug itself.

Would put an aftermarket in but $ won't allow for that now so gonna try and find another stock radio with a working sux port
Sorry to hear that the adaptor didn't work you, I've refunded via PayPal what you paid for it and you can either just throw it away or pass it on to a friend if they can use it, or save it if you get a different stock stereo, I don't want it back.

This seller on Ebay has plenty of your model stereo for sale:

JEEP DODGE CHRYSLER REF Radio CD Player AUX 04 05 06 07 08 Chrome Knob OEM | eBay

USMC '82 - '93

Last edited by rckstein; 12 Jul 2017 at 11:50 am.