Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By myckee
  • 1 Post By myckee
  • 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Aug 2017, 05:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Sirius radio in my 2005 pt cruiser convertible

Want to install sirius radio in my 05 cruiser. Don't want the XM version but what would have been put in my Chrysler. I can get the receiver Daimler Chrysler part number 12245459, the antenna. I just can't find the cable that would connect the satellite receiver to my factory installed RDS radio. The Chrysler part number is 5066203AA. Can anyone help me find the cable, or is there another option. I don't want the XM version with the little screen, as I am putting it in a convertible and want to make the installation as stealth as possible. Thanks for any help
Old 16 Aug 2017, 03:04 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Sirius radio in my 2005 pt cruiser convertible

The entire install kit, part number 82208118, with bracket and wires has been discontinued, but it is still available on ebay. It includes the harness you are looking for. This is probably your only shot at getting one unless you can find a junked car and strip it out yourself. In the past 3 years of my own searching, I have only found 2 in the junkyard; both of them this year.

CHRYSLER PN 82208118 OEM FACTORY SATELLITE RADIO KIT
rckstein likes this.

Last edited by myckee; 16 Aug 2017 at 03:08 pm.
Old 16 Aug 2017, 03:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckee View Post
The entire install kit, part number 82208118, with bracket and wires has been discontinued, but it is still available on ebay. It includes the harness you are looking for. This is probably your only shot at getting one unless you can find a junked car and strip it out yourself. In the past 3 years of my own searching, I have only found 2 in the junkyard; both of them this year.

CHRYSLER PN 82208118 OEM FACTORY SATELLITE RADIO KIT
Thats not a bad price, especially if you need or want the part bad enough

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
150k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93

Last edited by rckstein; 16 Aug 2017 at 05:04 pm.
Old 16 Aug 2017, 03:30 pm
Senior Cruiser

Yup not a bad price. There is a seller in the classified section that is selling an entire kit of receiver, wiring, antenna and all for $200. Since it is from a dream cruiser 3, it could possibly have a lifetime subscription to Sirius, as the dream cruiser 2s have. The seller doesn't know as he never hooked it up.

Also, the part number of the receiver you have posted, isn't for the factory Sirius part that I can see. The kit of receiver and antenna for 05 is part number: 82206488AB
rckstein likes this.
Old 16 Aug 2017, 04:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPLSGT1 View Post
Want to install sirius radio in my 05 cruiser. Don't want the XM version but what would have been put in my Chrysler. I can get the receiver Daimler Chrysler part number 12245459, the antenna. I just can't find the cable that would connect the satellite receiver to my factory installed RDS radio. The Chrysler part number is 5066203AA. Can anyone help me find the cable, or is there another option. I don't want the XM version with the little screen, as I am putting it in a convertible and want to make the installation as stealth as possible. Thanks for any help
The satellite receiver will work with most of the Oval faced OEM stereos. The one with the screen in the RB1. I used one in my 2001 Limited. With the DOS-style screen and limited info, it's not worth the trouble.

Here's a video of the RB1 hooked up to a satellite receiver. It doesn't show information unless you have a very hard to get special harness.

https://youtu.be/nL3RPBRWAjg

For use with the satellite receiver, you will just want one that has "RDS" so it shows the name of the stations you are on. It will also show song titles and such on digital FM radio stations. I like the "'RAZ" model. They sound good and are often only around $30 at salvage yards.

As far as the Sirius vs. XM things goes, don't worry about it. There's only "SiriusXM" now and the OEM receiver picks it up.

The crucial piece here is going to be the harness. PT's and other Mopars that came with these from the factory had the satellite harness integrated into the regular wire harness. So it has to be separated with a knife. It takes me about an hour to do this on a salvage car. The best car to put it from is a Pacifica. It came with a multiplexer that allows installation of a second accessory like an mp3 adapter along with the satellite receiver. I got everything in this photo for around $35.

Here's the first satellite install I did on my 2001 limited.

Great Find Today - Complete Satellite Module w/ Harness & The Rest

Next I added the Pacifica multiplexer to my 2005 GT which came with lifetime Sirius radio. Here's a link to a video:

https://youtu.be/8ajclwXvPJo

I hope some of this helps you. If you have any questions about these systems, just send me a PM.
myckee likes this.