Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Ugrade to an RB1 GPS/NAV Radio?

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Sep 2017, 01:06 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Ugrade to an RB1 GPS/NAV Radio?

[QUOTE=rckstein;668015]The key is you don't have to completely remove them to remove the center bezel, they can stay in the bezel (see below pic). They just need to be unscrewed enough to clear the screw insert in the dash. Once you do it a couple of times, you will then know how much to unscrew them and they will remain with the bezel.

I thought of another solution. Which I think is easier than trying to guess how much to turn a screw that is hidden down a dark tunnel! Wrap a bit of blue tape with the sticky side OUT around the end of the screwdriver. Then wrap a band of tape around the screwdriver shaft to hold that tape in place. The sticky side "grabs" the screw head slots, and you can breath easy, knowing that the screw is not going to fall down into some dark hole! I may patent this and start charging 5 cents every time someone uses this!

Black base 2006 NA, dented front bumper, scratched rear bumper. 2008 Touring, one of 385 red Turbos built in 2008. Limited grill, body-colored mirrors, grab handle deleted, dual-tone horn, shorty antenna.
Old 16 Sep 2017, 07:25 am
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Ugrade to an RB1 GPS/NAV Radio?

Not completely done with the RB1 upgrade. The NAV system remains untested because...

I did not get the original NAV disc with the unit, but purchased an 'aftermarket upgrade.' That disk (actually two of them) both get Disc Read Error message.
Hoping it's just a matter of bad software.

I saw somewhere that there was a firmware update on the AG version and am wondering if my aftermarket AL update can't read because the AG firmware was never installed. I think I saw that as a possibility on another forum.

So, anyone out here in PT world have an extra OEM NAV disc lying around I might get for cheap? The unit came from an '05 PT, which makes me think it originally would have come with the AD version.

AD through AG might answer my issue. Let me know.