• 1 Post By Goonior
  • 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser
  • 1 Post By Goonior
  • 1 Post By rckstein

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Dec 2017, 07:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Sirius antennas

OK, so I get everything together to install factory Sirius in my 04 Cruiser, or so I thought ...
Bought all of it on E-Bay. An RBQ 6 disc changer, I already have a receiver to head unit cable left over from when I installed Sirius in my 99 300M early last year, the receiver (activated w/two month free trial), the extension cable to connect the antenna to the receiver, and the antenna arrived today, the wrong one did anyway!!!
What was sent to me was one with the single cable (brand new in the box BTW), I need the two cable antenna, the one with the blue and white connectors. My question is, if I can't get the seller on E-Bay to respond is there an adapter that anyone has used or knows of that would work? In a way I kinda like this antenna, it's a lot smaller than the one I have on the 300...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1887[1].jpg (85.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 02 Dec 2017, 09:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Sirius antennas

What you have there is the antenna used on the 2nd Gen (2006 thru 2010) PT Cruisers.

But luckily, you only need the one lead. I believe on this specific receiver that fits the 1st Gen PT, one lead was originally for Sirius and the other for XM. They are the same now. So all you have to do is experiment and figure out which one works. I'm using this same receiver and same antenna in my 2003 Dodge Quadcab right now. And it works fine.

Original setup:

Antenna I'm using on my Dodge Quad Cab. Works great:

PS: I've read that the old style two lead antenna is stronger and picks up better. This is not because it has the old XM lead but because of it's size and/or coil inside. But the one like you and I have worked out okay for me and looks better on the roof of my truck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SatAntenna1.jpg (25.4 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg SatAntenna2.jpg (32.2 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 02 Dec 2017 at 10:03 pm.
Old 02 Dec 2017, 10:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

From what I understand reading in the 300M Enthusiast forums it has to do with diversity (two leads) vs non diversity (one lead). Don't know what that really means, maybe someone could shed some light on it.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 02 Dec 2017, 11:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonior View Post
From what I understand reading in the 300M Enthusiast forums it has to do with diversity (two leads) vs non diversity (one lead). Don't know what that really means, maybe someone could shed some light on it.
Just did some heavy reading.

The white fakra connector is indeed for a diversity (second antenna adjoined to the primary). This is like why some say the older larger antenna is better. The diversity antenna is supposed to improve signal. It looks like the blue fakra connector is the primary antenna. I'm sure that's the one I have hooked up in my truck. And it works okay for me.

If you want the one with two wires, you will need to get one for a 2001 thru 2005 PT Cruiser. I believe it's the same on many 2005 and earlier Mopars as well. I added one of these to my 2001 PT Limited. Mopar part number is likely 05066205AC.

Here's a link to some. But be sure to verify the part numbers yourself.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...205AC&_sacat=0

https://www.moparpartsoverstock.com/...5066205AC.html
Goonior likes this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 02 Dec 2017 at 11:12 pm.
Old 02 Dec 2017, 11:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I guess when I get a chance I'll try it on the 300 and see what happens.
What kinda ticked me off is the fact that I did order the two lead antenna, I double and triple checked and then checked again to make sure it was the correct one. The seller sent the wrong one. The part #'s are different, 5091504AB (two lead, the one I bought) vs. 0506472AA (single).
Old 02 Dec 2017, 11:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonior View Post
I guess when I get a chance I'll try it on the 300 and see what happens.
What kinda ticked me off is the fact that I did order the two lead antenna, I double and triple checked and then checked again to make sure it was the correct one. The seller sent the wrong one. The part #'s are different, 5091504AB (two lead, the one I bought) vs. 0506472AA (single).
If you bought it on Ebay, start a return process through the Ebay website and if you paid via PayPal they also have a very easy dispute resolution process. Just flag the return as the wrong item was sent, you should get a refund or the correct item sent especially if the ad says one part number and you were sent something different.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
151k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 05 Dec 2017, 04:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Have a dispute filed with EBay.
Message from seller :
"That is actually what you are supposed to have received. The original part number was discontinued by Mopar and updated with the new number that you correctly received. As long as the first part number was supposed to be the one for you, this one is too. It is simply the latest and greatest, direct OEM replacement. If you send me the last 8 digits of your VIN I can verify fitment and reference any potential tech notes, thank you!"
My response:
The information you have is incorrect. The antenna you sent is incorrect for my 2004 Sirius receiver and will NOT plug into it. The part # in the listing is correct for 2004 and the dual plug diversity antenna, the part sent is for receivers with the single plug non-disversity antenna. 5091504AB cannot be superseded with 5064724AA because they are two different antennas and are basically incompatible with each other.
We shall see how this goes...