Advertisements
aftermarket radio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jul 2018, 12:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: aftermarket radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalebSikora View Post
On the harness you need to match up all the wires correctly. The OEM wires should say what they are. You need to crimp them together accordingly. I'm assuming if you did all that correctly it's possible that you forgot to connect the remote turn on. The PT doesn't have this wire from factory, so you have to tap into the accessory wire and connect that to the blue wire with the white strip (also known as the remote turn on wire) on the harness you bought.

This accessory wire connects to the front cigarette lighter in front of the shifter. You don't need to remove the whole center console to tap into that wire. I personally used a t-tap and ran that wire to the remote turn on wire on the harness. If you don't know what t-taps are or where to get them, this is an example of the same t-taps I used. They work great.

Here is an example of my car where I t-tapped into that wire:

What about the orange wire on my harness i didnt connect it to anything either, it says dimmer on the wiring harness that i bought.
Old 05 Jul 2018, 09:04 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: aftermarket radio

All you need to do is plug in that metra harness into the factory harness, then crimp the wires from your radio harness to the metra harness. Here is an image of mine:

1. My metra harness is plugged into the factory harness.
2. Most of the wires on that metra harness are unused and therefore capped off.
3. The orange wire you inquired about just connects to the orange wire from your radio harness.