Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Sinbad
  • 1 Post By soonercruiser
  • 1 Post By rambojoe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Aug 2018, 02:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Dream Cruiser 2005 Stuck CDs

Can someone direct me to a procedure on how to remove a few stuck CDs in the 6-disk changer of my Dream Cruiser 2005?

Thanks in advance,

HL
Old 24 Aug 2018, 06:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Dream Cruiser 2005 Stuck CDs

it would help to know exactly what CD's are stuck in there... if one is tom waits "early years vol 2" or zz top "tres hombres" i'd make sure it wasn't over heated and has power first... then i'd rip it open to get them back! is it a factory cd changer?
Old 26 Aug 2018, 04:32 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLeyes View Post
Can someone direct me to a procedure on how to remove a few stuck CDs in the 6-disk changer of my Dream Cruiser 2005?

Thanks in advance,

HL
Take the stereo out, drop the case off and check it's all working

Handy_Cruiser likes this.

Bollocks to Brexit
Old 26 Aug 2018, 12:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLeyes View Post

Thanks in advance,

HL
Try disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes. Then hook it back up and attempt to eject the CD's. This may allow the changer to reset and spit out the CD's.

If no joy, then either the CD changer is broken or a CD is hung up in it. If me, I'd remove the stereo unit, and take it apart in the hopes of getting a hung CD loose. If I couldn't get it out or if I destroyed the stereo, I wouldn't worry. These are only about $30 at salvage yards and they came in many different Mopar models from 2002 thru 2005. I think I may even have one somewhere if I haven't given it away yet.

Of course, this is also an opportunity to upgrade to much better and much more modern double DIN after market stereo. Then you can just Blue-tooth your music from your cell phone like most folks do nowadays.

PS: I just checked and I do indeed have one of these oval-faced stereos with the 6-disc changer built in. I don't use them because they are less compatible with some of the mp3 adapters than other similar models. I often use an mp3 adapter with a Blue-tooth dongle on the end to add Blue-tooth to these old stereos. I have that in my truck and my PT vert.

I make no guarantees, but If you want this spare one I have, just pay the shipping. I believe it's $17.50 or so for priority mail last time I checked. Send me a PM if you want it.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 26 Aug 2018 at 12:58 pm.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 04:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Dream Cruiser 2005 Stuck CDs

It's been too long since I messed with mine.
But, I could have sworn there was an emergency eject pin on the back somewhere.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 27 Aug 2018, 06:43 am
Cool Cruiser

I assumed the op has a remote cd changer, like in the trunk... which heat and bumps sure are hell on. do they madash board units that hold 6 cd's?
Old 27 Aug 2018, 07:55 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambojoe View Post
I assumed the op has a remote cd changer, like in the trunk... which heat and bumps sure are hell on. do they madash board units that hold 6 cd's?
Being a 2005 Dream Cruiser, I figure it came with the RBQ 6-disc in-dash stereo head. The remote changers seemed to get rare in PT's after 2002, but I could be mistaken. Here's a shot of the RBQ:

The main issue with these is that some of them seem to lack the input protocol for a remote CD changer. And many of the mp3 aux adapters that fit these types of stereos fool the stereo into thinking they are remote CD changers. So those mp3 adapter don't work on the RBQ. The very best of these oval-face stereos I've found with the best sound and best adaptability with working RDS are some of the ones that have both CD and cassette and were made between 2003 and 2005.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RBQ_01.jpg (95.4 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 27 Aug 2018 at 08:04 am.