• 2 Post By Handy_Cruiser
  • 4 Post By Handy_Cruiser
  • 1 Post By Macgyverman1123

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Dec 2020, 11:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Radio Won't Play CD's

Hey y'all!

I'm still rocking the factory RBB radio, but just the other day, it decided to no play any CD's at all, instead ejecting the disc, and saying "Error". Before that, it would only do this sometimes, with the occasional skips, on a perfect disc.

Since I don't have the money to throw in an aftermarket head unit at this time, does anyone have any fixes? I suspect the laser lense might be dirty. has anyone tried the cleaning discs, or should I take the whole thing apart?

Someday, I'd like to swap it to an RB1
Old 09 Dec 2020, 11:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Radio Won't Play CD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgyverman1123 View Post
Hey y'all!

I'm still rocking the factory RBB radio, but just the other day, it decided to no play any CD's at all, instead ejecting the disc, and saying "Error". Before that, it would only do this sometimes, with the occasional skips, on a perfect disc.

Since I don't have the money to throw in an aftermarket head unit at this time, does anyone have any fixes? I suspect the laser lense might be dirty. has anyone tried the cleaning discs, or should I take the whole thing apart?

What is the model number?
Old 10 Dec 2020, 06:34 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Hey y'all!

I'm sure there is a fix. But when mine have started doing this, I just replaced them with a salvage unit.

Yours has the old-style two-plug harness. But with a small adapter for the harness and one for the antenna, you can use the newer oval face stereos made from 2003 thru 2005. They seem to last better. This evening, I will dig through some boxes and see if I still have a spare. I will let you know.
rockandroller and CRUZ like this.
Old 10 Dec 2020, 10:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I have one, but it's pretty vanilla. Let me see what I kind find tomorrow.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 03:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Okay...

Yesterday I needed to go to the salvage yard to get a sun visor and some different floor mats for my Charger Daytona. My floor mats got ruined when a protein drink I left in the car exploded while it was up on blocks waiting for me to replace the driveshaft carrier bearing.

The vanity mirror cover was starting to fall open when I used my sun visor. So I needed a replacement for that too.

But I also found a very nice RAZ factory stereo with no scratches on the face. The RAZ is my favorite of the more common oval-face stereos because it is compatible with a factory SiriusXM receiver, a multi-plexor, and many bluetooth adapters. I have all three hooked to the RAZ in my Dodge truck and it's very similar to the setup I had in my 2005 PT GT.

I got this out of a 2003 PT and it still had the shipping film on the stereo screen. Except for the corrosion from the dash support, it looks basically new. That doesn't mean the CD portion works like new. Someone will need to hook it up to check than out.

As with all the 2003 thru 2005 PT's, it's got the single rectangular plug on the back along with a smaller square plug for the accessories (SiriusXM, CD Changer, etc.). If used in a 2001/2002 PT, it will need an inexpensive adapter for both the harness and antenna plug. The 2001/2002 PT uses a standard antenna plug like an aftermarket stereo. 2003 and new PT's use the "Chrysler style" antenna plug.

If Macgyverman1123 wants this, it costs me $19.99. So it will be that plus whatever shipping is. If he doesn't want it, I am going to keep it as a spare because it's so nice and new looking. That's the reason I decided to go ahead and get it now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RAZStereo02.jpg (65.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg RAZStereo03.jpg (66.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg RAZStereo01.jpg (50.3 KB, 33 views)
rcktpwrd, dougs, CRUZ and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 12 Dec 2020 at 06:04 pm.
Old 15 Dec 2020, 06:07 pm
Cool Cruiser

Wow, thank you so much, handy!!! I'd love to take you up on that generous offer next payday!!!
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 16 Dec 2020, 12:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Wow, thank you so much, handy!!! I'd love to take you up on that generous offer next payday!!!
Just send me a PM when you are ready. If you send me your address I can likely get a quote for a cheaper shipping offer as well. Priority mail is about $21 for a large box. Parcel Post (or whatever they call it now) is usually cheaper but I have to get the price at the Post Office counter.
Old 01 Mar 2021, 08:11 pm
Regular Cruiser

My 2004 just started this as well and it would not eject. Anyone else have a nice simple RAZ (I think) radio around you need to get rid of? CD and Am-FM is all I need. Thanks very much.
Tom Hand