PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Mopar radio security code.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Mar 2003, 11:13 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Mopar radio security code.

I want to disconnect the battery in my GT to reset the computer and remove some settings that where learned from the time the dealer gave it to me with crapy fuel, They removed and threw out the code sticker in the front of the radio so now if I disconnect the battery, the radio will lock up until I enter a code. My radio is the one that has CD and Cassette in the same unit.

Do I need a code for it?
Is there a way to see the code on the radio before I disconnect the battery?

The dealer I bought the car don't have a service center. I have to take it to another dealer for service and because I didn’t buy it from them I am always at the end of the waiting list.

Ian

Old 28 Mar 2003, 12:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Ian,

I have a 2001. There's no name on my radio/CD/cassette player to tell you what kind I have but it has the 3-band graphic equalizer built into the face. I've taken the negative battery cable off twice for different reasons and the only thing that happens is that I loose the pre-set radio stations and the PT runs a litle ruff for awhile until the computer re-leans all the settings and the way I drive.
I've nevre heard of the PT radio needing a code, but that doesn't mean they didn't make one like that. Does your owners amnual say anything about a code?

Trade your GAMES & MOVIE DVD's at: www.gametradingpost.net
Old 13 Dec 2007, 09:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Mopar radio security code.

Hi Guys, About these Radio Codes,I want to connect up a CD Stacker and Sub-woofer but my problem is I don't have the glovebox manual except for a downloaded one from this Forum. I bought a 2006 PT Cruiser LTD 5 speed ,RH drive in Australia and it was 6 months old at the time so I don't have alot of the original paperwork. I've read that older PT's don't have Radio codes, mine has a anti-theft LED that blinks all the time so I would have assumed it would need the code after disconnecting the battery, I can do my stereo upgrade without disconnecting the battery but sooner or later I'll have to put a new battery in ,I doubt if my local dealer will help as I didn't buy off him as he wouldn't let me have a test drive of a PT.
Old 27 May 2009, 07:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I replaced the battery in my 2004 PT GT with Mopar 6-cd player.
After that the CD player doesn't work.

We bought the car new but never received any radio code information.
I called a dealership and their service department wouldn't/couldn't say
what the problem might me.

I suspect a anti-theft procedure or setup code is needed to get the 6cd player
working again.

Anybody know anything?
Old 30 May 2009, 09:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

I've changed and swapped out PT cruiser radios on an 02, and an 04 (my 2) and an 03 and 07, (my wife's 2), and have never encountered any security codes on these radios, even the RB-1 Chrysler navigation radio I had in my 04, before I traded it in on a 2006 Charger.

srg
Old 30 May 2009, 09:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG View Post
I've changed and swapped out PT cruiser radios on an 02, and an 04 (my 2) and an 03 and 07, (my wife's 2), and have never encountered any security codes on these radios, even the RB-1 Chrysler navigation radio I had in my 04, before I traded it in on a 2006 Charger.
srg
Radio is working fine it's the 6 cd player part that quit.
Old 30 May 2009, 11:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

A friend who is a wiz at electonics told me of a method to stop losing any memories of car stereos was to wire a 9volt battery to a cigarette plug, plug it in before disconnecting the battery. 9volts is enough to save the memory but not enough to cause a short circuit if you make a mistake in your wiring. This helps for alot of things except removing the car stereo of course. Hope this is helpful,Cappy5
Old 17 Jan 2010, 06:42 pm
Regular Cruiser

The nine volt thing only works when the cigarette lighter socket is always live...which the only socket in most cruisers is not. It only works when the ignition switch is on.
Old 17 Jan 2010, 08:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Maybe our Australian models are abit different, my 2006 Ltd has 3 12v points, the one in front of gear stick and behind the back seat are ignition switch controlled but the point under the console lid is always on as I use it to charge my phone. I haven't tried the 9v battery idea yet. Cheers,Cappy5
Old 25 Jan 2010, 10:28 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to partyd

PT cruisers in the US Mexico and Puerto Rico don't have security codes

vehicles in other countrys with the anti-theft LED that blinks most of the time have codes and the radios are not the same