Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast PT Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2001 PT CRUISER LIMITED , ? NOT SURE...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 May 2016, 01:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy 2001 PT CRUISER LIMITED , ? NOT SURE...

hI AGAIN EVERYONE,,, I REALLY HATE TO BE BACK AGAIN SO SOON...

but here i am, well got spark back and runs but omg..
well, last fri i barely made it to the gas station, and later that day, it started messin up and at 1st i thought it was gas related. then it died later that day, so checked the gas at 1st but it was ok, gas but it was spark
well all these great people on this site helped me figure out how to fix the spark issue and now it is running so bad, it dies alot, i am guessing i may have got trash in the fuel system that fri just getting to the station on time but not sure . i then found out i cant replace a fuel filter as it has none..
not sure if i should drop the tank and c if i can clean-refurbish the current fuel pump or what..?
i dont suspect its spark related as i just fixed that, and not sure if i should or can even do anything to the fuel injectors, i just dont wanna go doing things the wrong way like i just did w the spark issue as i replaced the coil pack and the crank sensor when it was not even needed...

omly code is still the 601 which i have has since i owned the car

so this time i will wait for advice from pro,s first......?

and i am Shaun Huffman in Naples fl...
Old 29 May 2016, 01:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2001 PT CRUISER LIMITED , ? NOT SURE...

Have you reset the engine trouble codes after fixing the wiring problem? Are you getting any engine trouble codes now?

When you were in the process of fixing the no start issue what new parts are still on the PT Cruiser that you did not put the original parts back in?
Old 29 May 2016, 03:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

yes i reset it, the coil pack i put back to origanal but the crank sensor is the new one, only codes now is the 601 which i have had 7-8 months since i owned the car and it has 1684, bat been inhooked.....
Old 29 May 2016, 03:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I would suggest checking your fuel pressure. You should be getting 58 +/-5 PSI

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 29 May 2016 at 04:13 pm.
Old 29 May 2016, 03:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

i dont really know how or have any tool for that... i am led to think trash is in the fuel system as soon as i press the pedal any more than1 or 2 cm, it bogs real bad and if i dont quit, dies

do ya think it would be good to take fuel injectors out, clean and if not fixed, frop the tank and do my best to inspect for ripped-broken filter, dirt-trash , any other obvious repairs needed, and put all back and check to see if ok ?
Old 29 May 2016, 04:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I always suggest doing a diagnosis first to find a problem. You don't want to be creating more problems by working on another part that might not be the problem and possibly have two problems instead of one.

One member went to AutoZone and picked up a Loaner Kit and screwed right on the Fuel Rail schrader valve.

This is the location of the Schrader valve at the end of the injector rail on the 2001 PT Cruiser.
SchroederValve 2001 pt cruiser.jpg

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 29 May 2016 at 04:32 pm.
Old 29 May 2016, 04:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

ok and thank you
Old 29 May 2016, 07:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

ok, 58 fuel preasure...
i done some reading while i was out, 1 post, same conditions as me, bucking , misfireing, ect long story short, alot of post said u should always replace both crank and cam sensor at same time,, many times i saw that posted, and i did replace the crank sensor..?

not sure but i just have a feeling its not fuel related... if i just push the pedal very slowly and not fast, it will rev 3 - 4 thousand rpm very smooth... but a fast or hard push of the pedal and most times it will die... and sometimes, it would die and would take some time to get started again...

the codes, 601, 1684 and once almost home, stopped at store, checked and got a 0352 code....? but after got home, i reset computer, then jus the 601 and 1684... no 352

does that sound like cam sensor ? any way to test or no matter, replace as the crank sensor is new ? sorry, i hush and let you tell me whats next after testing fuel preasure......... sorry
Old 29 May 2016, 07:16 pm
Veteran Cruiser

I've never had the P0352 code, but this should give you some more info on what to look for.

P0352 - OBD-II Trouble Code

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 29 May 2016, 07:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

part of my mind says its not a worry, but the other part says i better, open the hood, facing the motor, to the left side, i did find a ground wire broke into from by the ac evaporator tank or whatever thats called to the engine block i believe above the crank sensor...? i touched them together while running and could tell no difference...?