PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Mopar Stands Behind Stg I kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jul 2003, 09:31 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift
Default Mopar Stands Behind Stg I kit

Everyone has read the srt-4 forum about the ecm not starting the cars. No matter what kind of parts you are dealing with there will always be a chance of something going bad, wrong or who knows what happened.(JUST MY GUESS)

However a little bird told me that no one would be stuck with a bad out of box Stg I ECM.

This alone shows us that there are changes with Mopar warranty and the pollices for performance parts.

So guys don't look down on big brother DC , they want to make a quality product that enhances performance of our cars.

Thanks Tommy[^]
Old 03 Jul 2003, 08:47 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I think they will stand behind it, as long as their bosses allow them to.

Putting that in writing on the warranty statement page would be a great place to confirm that...
Old 03 Jul 2003, 09:13 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tthrift

Everyone has read the srt-4 forum about the ecm not starting the cars. No matter what kind of parts you are dealing with there will always be a chance of something going bad, wrong or who knows what happened.(JUST MY GUESS)

However a little bird told me that no one would be stuck with a bad out of box Stg I ECM.

This alone shows us that there are changes with Mopar warranty and the pollices for performance parts.

So guys don't look down on big brother DC , they want to make a quality product that enhances performance of our cars.

Thanks Tommy[^]
I have been purchasing Mopar Performance parts since the mid 70's and I have never heard of anyone being stuck with a DOA part from them. The way the ECM issues is being handled is is typical of MP.
Old 03 Jul 2003, 12:50 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I think that Mopar Performance is a whole new ballgame. They want to re-write the rules, come out of the bandit rodder closet and be a mainstream aftermarket force.
They and ALL the people involved have my full support.
Here's my quandry: If I buy the Stage I with no warranty or DEQ, and UniqTwin goes to the powers that be, they will say:

"We don't need to change the statement, see, their buying it without. We don't need to shoulder the added expense. NO CHANGES!"

BUT, without the $$ to support the program she swings much less weight to advance the cause we so dearly support.
Can we send letters, sign afidavids of promised purchase, how do we help in the most pointed fashion to get this thing the apropriate wheels? Can we help the cause by buying other (less controversial) goods to help the $$ volume to show our market size?

I know we are on the right track!
Old 03 Jul 2003, 01:38 pm
Senior Cruiser

Yeah, I wish there was a way to demonstrate a willing market for the product if we can run it on the street with warranty.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 03 Jul 2003, 11:19 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

This is what I have been trying to steer the thought process toward, and I am glad that others share the same ideas. We come across as Mopar Bashers, but we may be the voice that saves the Mopar heritage from a European defeat and sudden death.

It is a tightrope act. The more that purchase, accepting the no warranty statement; the less the powers with the final word will be likely to spend any money on "missionary work".

I want the Stage I as much as anyone; perhaps more.

Blindly purchasing the upgrade without a warranty only empowers the corporate dictators to take it to the next level. Somehow, I don't think that America is willing to spend $20K on a disposable vehicle with an AS-IS warranty. However, if we prove our willingness to purchase their advertised accesory items under those conditions, that could be next.