Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stage 1 Shipment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jul 2003, 03:22 pm
Cool Cruiser

Wasn't PVO PT a "beta tester" for the Stage I upgrade?

I thought I read that in his earlier posts, before they all turned into "-"'s.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 03:33 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

That would be nice, but is NOT what he stated SPECIFICALLY.
He ordered it from "an Unknown Dealer" along with his PT that has a straight pipe.

I had aspersions when he used marketing phrases like "soft limiter" straight from the Mopar websight.

The interesting thing about these pages: Man or Woman, who knows; Owner or Pretender, prove it; Stage I or bluff, how would you ever know?
Old 10 Jul 2003, 03:37 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

NOTHING TURNS ME OFF MORE THAN A LIE!!
Old 10 Jul 2003, 03:53 pm
Senior Cruiser

Kirby, why are you getting your undies in a wad? Who cares how he got it? Maybe he doesn't want anyone to know for whatever reason? I fail to see what all of this whining accomplishes, nor what 'crime' PVO PT has commited.
What......you want everyone to have a tatoo on there wrist to prove their worth ro a web forum?
Man, you need to relax and worry about the important things in life, 'cuz this ain't one of them.
We'll all get the things we ordered, it just takes time. When I had a 98 Dakota R/T, Mopar Performance said it would be another 9 months until they were released for over a year and a half, but you know what? Life went one and the sky did not fall after all.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 10 Jul 2003, 03:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

Oh, and if by chance he is just posing, then you are feeding his fun by showing him how to push your buttons.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 10 Jul 2003, 04:29 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Sorry, it is important to me.

When Cal or Dalite gives some info that they have researched, I want to trust that they think that it is the real stuff. Do you want to wonder if UniqTwin is really connected to Mopar Performance?
What do you trust? Who do you trust?

Some people are comfortable around people that stretch the truth to fit their situation, I am not.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 04:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

I thought it strange when I emailed him and asked him to fax me a copy of the instructions. I like to bone up before I jump into any mod. His response was pretty much NO. If you can change your oil you can do the stage 1 install yourself. If you had the instructions why wouldnt you share. You can find anything else on here, like the install of the Hallman boost controler. I am like Kirby, if you say it, it should be so.
03 Steel Blue Pearl Turbo, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Magnaflow performance muffler, My Air Box mod., AMXpipe W/K&N filter, LED lighting,PT Tunning rear lowering springs & BGT Strut tower brace, Hankooks Ventus tires, Rage Motif 17 in. wheels. Tribal pinstrips by Palmer (who else), Color match paint by Etouchup.com, Plugs and wires by Sparkplugs.com, http://members.cardomain.com/rodrungtpt
Old 10 Jul 2003, 04:46 pm
Senior Cruiser

Maybe in a perfect world, guys, but you have to take *everything* with a grain of salt, good *and* bad.
I just don't see wasting all of the energy to be put off by it since it will gain nothing.
If you believe him and accept what he says, then fine, if not, then no big whoop.

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 10 Jul 2003, 04:56 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I don't want to burst your bubble, but I am sure that the Stage I install is not brain surgery, but like you I feel that changing out any electronic component should be approached with more than an "Oil Change" attitude. I do the same thing... pre-read and try to head off screw-ups before they happen.

I am sure that we will probably do several "dry runs" in our filmed and photographed PT Autostick install, here in Southern California, before any part touches the car. I love the additive power of experience and mechanical skills when several mechanics get togeather to do "The Perfect Install".
Old 10 Jul 2003, 05:00 pm
Senior Cruiser

Kirby - I can appreciate trying to be prepared for any problems, I do to, but your attitude about this one guy, that you think is this or what-not is a little obssessive.
Do you have nothing better to do than rant ?

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack