Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stage 1 Shipment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jul 2003, 05:18 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Maybe you missed my specific reply to RODRUN?

A reply on pre-reading and preparing for an install!

Who's ranting?
Old 10 Jul 2003, 06:55 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

i'm choosing not to take a side in this little issue...but i'd agree with the statement that taking people "for a ride" really does nothing but diminish the integrity of this board.
One easy way to put these aligations to rest is simply to either scan or digi-pic a timeslip from the track, as he had track times. Or possibly even a dyno graph sheet that is given to you once your car is dynoed...
Not to question his integrity, but if PVO PT is faking it... he is NO newbie and knows his car's. I CHOOSE TO GIVE HIM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT DUE TO HIS EXTENT OF KNOWLEDGE...
but as i said this could be settled very easily...
Old 10 Jul 2003, 07:13 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Ok if you all remember PVO's original posts his Dad works for DC and his dragrace "friends" are DC employees . It doesn't really matter how he got it ! He is /was trying to be helpful ,take it for what it's worth !
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 10 Jul 2003, 07:15 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

There seem to be options:

Culprat and Hyracer are wrong, Stage I kits have been shipped all over the United States for the last two weeks and their sources are misinformed (not likely).

Someone has built an imaginary PT with strait pipe and is bringing us along with the fantasy.

There actually exists a PT with strait pipe, and majically only one person in the United States was sent a Kit 2 weeks ago.... and he was less than forthcoming about where he works.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 07:26 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Stage 1 has been shipped all over the country....just not PT stage 1 !
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 10 Jul 2003, 07:57 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kirby

There seem to be options:

Culprat and Hyracer are wrong, Stage I kits have been shipped all over the United States for the last two weeks and their sources are misinformed (not likely).

Someone has built an imaginary PT with strait pipe and is bringing us along with the fantasy.

There actually exists a PT with strait pipe, and majically only one person in the United States was sent a Kit 2 weeks ago.... and he was less than forthcoming about where he works.

Well I did a cursory walk-through last night (using my Haynes manual) of what I thought would be the removal and installation tasks and there are some things that need to taken into consideration. For example the removal of the upper manifold. This has the accelerator linkage, linkage mechanism, pcv valve, a duct attached, ..etc. This is no duuuh removal task. The removal of the upper manifold should definitely be planned ahead, to determine the degree of removals (as in how far does it need to be disassembled)of the previously items. Then there is the radiator hose assembly or should I said radiator "breakalite" fitting and hose assy. The radiator gooseneck has "break me" all over it. But with a little forethought and just being careful it shouldn't be a problem, but it appears to be a concern. Also it appears that if it's removed, then there will be a requirement to add some of that special coolant, so some of that stuff needs to be on hand. Then there is the fuel rail. Will there be new clips and/or"o" rings in the MOD kit? if not I am going to have some on hand? Then there is removal and install of the PCM. There is a plastic strap tie that needs to be cut and replaced. I know that it's petty stuff, but I am used to having every thing that I need noted up front and on hand when I do a MOD. Moving forward the first thing that I will do is to test the PCM module. I will ground it and attach the connectors to it and if it works then I will do the complete install. If not I will wait until it has been reworked.
So what's my point? Count me in with Kirby, I would like for PVO to provide us the details of his install experience. As for the expression "if you can change your oil you can do this" NOPE! It's compelety different. For example there are no ESD, or radiator hoses fuel pressures etc involved with changing your oil. This is a bit more than that. I figure about 4-5 hours following the procedures called out in the manual which are associated with reinstalled items.

FWIWM2C

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 10 Jul 2003, 08:01 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I stand corrected:

Option One: Stage I PT GT Cruiser kits have been shipped all over the United States for the last two weeks and sources are wrong.

Is this OK? I want to make sure that any sarcastic remark is not missing vital data!

(I assumed that we were talking about the PT as did Hyracer and Culprat in their statements.)
Old 10 Jul 2003, 08:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift

just my 2 cents, i know 1 or 2 (don't know the exact #) did leak out to some pt owners for what ever reason (testing , friend ,etc.) i do know that no dealer has had a pt stg1 kit shiped to them to fill an order. [8]

on a lighter note! the auto kits may ship before the manual kits do. i think alot of you guys have auto instead of manual cars.

just keep you fingers crossed, and i hope your dealers are keeping you guys up to date with any info they have come into the dealership about these kits. [:I]

thanks tommy
Old 10 Jul 2003, 08:53 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Ditch the Haynes and get the real McCoy . Throttle cables are easy to remove :if you remove the cover the cables have a "ball" end and the holder has an opening so that if you rotate the throttle the cables can be removed . I bought the Haynes also, but had a complete set of '01 manuals which I sold to a friend . I now have a complete set of '03 's . Believe me there's a world of difference. If for nothing other than the ability to check the "codes" . The haynes is 3/4" thick...the factory service manual alone is 2 and 1/8" thick it's just not bigger print ! The other 4 manuals are another 2" thick the biggest of which is the powertrain manual which has the bulk of the codes and diagnostics for the powertrain and that's just under 1" thick . I'd think if you're gonna risk the warranty issues you'd want the best documentation possible...Haynes definately doesn't fit the bill...that's my opinion only I'll get off the soapbox ! Good luck ! I figured about 2 hours to do the install before I chickened out on ordering ... you bought up a good point about ESD also...get an ESD ground kit ....if you're carefull you may be able to recycle the coolant if not the get a gallon of the factory coolant don't mix with aftermarket . I don't think you need to completely drain the coolant just get it below the level of the gooseneck where the thermostat is located. If I can be of any help "post" and I'll offer what I can .
Old 11 Jul 2003, 12:50 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by flashbk2

Ditch the Haynes and get the real McCoy . Throttle cables are easy to remove :if you remove the cover the cables have a "ball" end and the holder has an opening so that if you rotate the throttle the cables can be removed . I bought the Haynes also, but had a complete set of '01 manuals which I sold to a friend . I now have a complete set of '03 's . Believe me there's a world of difference. If for nothing other than the ability to check the "codes" . The haynes is 3/4" thick...the factory service manual alone is 2 and 1/8" thick it's just not bigger print ! The other 4 manuals are another 2" thick the biggest of which is the powertrain manual which has the bulk of the codes and diagnostics for the powertrain and that's just under 1" thick . I'd think if you're gonna risk the warranty issues you'd want the best documentation possible...Haynes definately doesn't fit the bill...that's my opinion only I'll get off the soapbox ! Good luck ! I figured about 2 hours to do the install before I chickened out on ordering ... you bought up a good point about ESD also...get an ESD ground kit ....if you're carefull you may be able to recycle the coolant if not the get a gallon of the factory coolant don't mix with aftermarket . I don't think you need to completely drain the coolant just get it below the level of the gooseneck where the thermostat is located. If I can be of any help "post" and I'll offer what I can .
flashbk

All your points are well taken, I have the factory manual for my 84 626 and it saved my a** more than once. I'm going to walk through this puppy some more and then probably farm it out he he he. There is a local shop where I had my lowering ki, koni's, etc put in, whose owner is dying to do this for me, heck he might even pay me. But it all depends on the time of the month and the position of the stars as whether I will attempt it or not.

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe