PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Skip stage 1 and go directly to stage 2?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jan 2008, 09:59 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Skip stage 1 and go directly to stage 2?

Hey all I used to have an 05 PT Classic but then I had to sell it to my parents when I moved to the UK.
I am now going to be buying an 05 GT!!! WOOOO!!!
I have been looking at a lot of mods and it seems to me that buying the stage 2 turbo upgrade instead of the stage 1 would make a lot more sence.
That is of course if the stage 2 that I was looking at would work on the GT, the only stage 2 I could find was for the SRT-4, I am guessing they are compatible?

Let me know what you think.
Old 14 Jan 2008, 10:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Skip stage 1 and go directly to stage 2?

There is no stage 2 for PTs. In order to put in Stage 1, the vehicle VIN has to be entered - can't do it.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 14 Jan 2008, 01:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Ok I feel stupid now!
Old 14 Jan 2008, 11:39 pm
Young Cruiser

No worries A better question is WHY IS THERE NO STAGE 2 KIT FOR THE PT
Mopar Stage 1 upgrade, Mopar BOV Conversion, AEM CAI, High Flow Haynes Plastic Intake Manifold, MSD High Voltage Ignition Coil Pack, MagnaCore Spark Plug Wires, AutoMeter Boost Gauge, Greddy Oil Catch Can, Hurst STS... Plus a much longer wish list

I DO ALL MY OWN WORK!!
Old 14 Jan 2008, 11:43 pm
Young Cruiser

Search P4510257 for more info.
Mopar Stage 1 upgrade, Mopar BOV Conversion, AEM CAI, High Flow Haynes Plastic Intake Manifold, MSD High Voltage Ignition Coil Pack, MagnaCore Spark Plug Wires, AutoMeter Boost Gauge, Greddy Oil Catch Can, Hurst STS... Plus a much longer wish list

I DO ALL MY OWN WORK!!
Old 15 Jan 2008, 12:43 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold GT View Post
No worries A better question is WHY IS THERE NO STAGE 2 KIT FOR THE PT
The weak automatic transmission couldn't handle it.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 15 Jan 2008, 04:34 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold GT View Post
Search P4510257 for more info.
So your saying that there is a stage 2 turbo upgrade for the PT Cruiser?
Old 15 Jan 2008, 11:48 am
Young Cruiser

No they never released it. But if the auto tranny was the only prolbem they should've at least hooked it up for those of us with a 5 spd Oh well guess we just have to spend more and upgrade ourselves. Thanks' for the info Mean Green!

I DO ALL MY OWN WORK!!
Old 15 Jan 2008, 05:59 pm
Regular Cruiser

I am not sure about the Trans won't take it line, as to why they did not make a Stage 2 for the PT, as if you have a '05 or newer and add Stage 1, you are actuatly are getting the So called Stage 2 power levels. For '05 and up you upgrade to 235hp 275 ft-lbs torque measured at the Wheels.
The original Stage kits up to and including '04 were measured at the crank, you have 10 to 15% loss with a 5 speed manual trans and 20% with the auto trans.

The original specs in the '04 Mopar manual are:
Stage 1 235 hp 240ft-lbs
Stage 2 260 hp 280 ft-lbs
Stage 2 with toys (SRT4 only) 265 hp 280 ft-lbs
Stage 2 (High Octane Mode) 280 hp 300 ft-lbs
Stage 3R (SRT4 only) 310 hp 325 ft-lbs
Stage 3R (SRT4 only Hi Octane Mode) 355 hp 365 ft-lbs

With the '05 and up measured at the wheels at least 5 of us over on PT Crew have dyno'd our cars, (mine just this past Saturday) and we all made 235 +/-5 whp 290 to 305 ft-lbs torque to the wheels, now if you add back in the trans losses 20% for the auto you have 282 hp at the crank, 360 ft lbs at the crank.

So for the '05 and newer with Stage 1 and a free flow exhaust and take the restrictions out of the stock air box and intake tube you are past the original PT and SRT4 Stage 2 specs.

Now I will not go any higher until I have my auto trans upgraded for more power.
http://www.alcamar.com/trailer/
Old 16 Jan 2008, 01:39 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream4 View Post
I am not sure about the Trans won't take it line, as to why they did not make a Stage 2 for the PT, as if you have a '05 or newer and add Stage 1, you are actuatly are getting the So called Stage 2 power levels. For '05 and up you upgrade to 235hp 275 ft-lbs torque measured at the Wheels.
The original Stage kits up to and including '04 were measured at the crank, you have 10 to 15% loss with a 5 speed manual trans and 20% with the auto trans.

The original specs in the '04 Mopar manual are:
Stage 1 235 hp 240ft-lbs
Stage 2 260 hp 280 ft-lbs
Stage 2 with toys (SRT4 only) 265 hp 280 ft-lbs
Stage 2 (High Octane Mode) 280 hp 300 ft-lbs
Stage 3R (SRT4 only) 310 hp 325 ft-lbs
Stage 3R (SRT4 only Hi Octane Mode) 355 hp 365 ft-lbs

With the '05 and up measured at the wheels at least 5 of us over on PT Crew have dyno'd our cars, (mine just this past Saturday) and we all made 235 +/-5 whp 290 to 305 ft-lbs torque to the wheels, now if you add back in the trans losses 20% for the auto you have 282 hp at the crank, 360 ft lbs at the crank.

So for the '05 and newer with Stage 1 and a free flow exhaust and take the restrictions out of the stock air box and intake tube you are past the original PT and SRT4 Stage 2 specs.

Now I will not go any higher until I have my auto trans upgraded for more power.
They lied. I have Stage 2 No Toys, a TBE and a few bolt ons on my '05 SRT-4 and I'm running 287 hp and 310 torque at the wheels so around 336 hp and 360 torque at the crank. So you're still a ways away from S2 numbers. They lied about all of the Stage kits.

As for the auto tranny being too weak for Stage 2 line you are on PT Crew. Everybody there knows the 41TE auto tranny is weak. Heck, I lost one on a 150 hp NA PT. DCX knew they'd open a hornet's nest if they went ahead with S2 and S3 for the PT. 95% of all PTs are automatic.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic