Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stage one or not to Stage one

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jul 2003, 12:01 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Stage one or not to Stage one

I am getting two stories, to order stage one you have to give your vin #, this makes sense, now I am hearing that they need the milage too ? Yes / NO anyone?[:I]
Old 18 Jul 2003, 12:06 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift

for you to place an order for the stage i kit you need

vin#
mileage
last name first int.

if you have any other questions just email me
tommy

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RODRUN

I am getting two stories, to order stage one you have to give your vin #, this makes sense, now I am hearing that they need the milage too ? Yes / NO anyone?[:I]
Old 18 Jul 2003, 12:19 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ZZCruzr

tthrift...I see you've done some mods - are you thinking of a Stage 1 mod or not?
Black Clearcoat 2003 Turbo GT w/gray leather interior...rear splash guards, stainless door sills, air bag decals, red painted brake calipers, BTG duals, AMX cold air intake, Blaine hood struts, ZZcruZr third brake light diffuser, AutoVation pedals, MoMo F16 Evo red gearshift.
Old 18 Jul 2003, 02:51 am
Fanatic Cruiser

i'd personally wait till stage II is released if anything. You'll have to replace your stage I components anyways, from what i've heard.
Old 18 Jul 2003, 07:39 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to PK Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by COP TZER

i'd personally wait till stage II is released if anything. You'll have to replace your stage I components anyways, from what i've heard.
I would too...but I can afford 400 dollars a lot easier than say 3000...which is what I heard stage II may cost...

\'03 Black Turbo, Autostick, Removed Intake Silencers, K&N Drop in Filter, MOPAR BOV, Eibach Springs, Kenwood CD/MP3 Player & amp, 12 inch Sub...soon to be a member of the Stage I club...
Old 18 Jul 2003, 08:46 am
Cool Cruiser

Tommy, if you have to give the milage, does this mean you have to park the car until you get the Stage 1?
03 Steel Blue Pearl Turbo, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Magnaflow performance muffler, My Air Box mod., AMXpipe W/K&N filter, LED lighting,PT Tunning rear lowering springs & BGT Strut tower brace, Hankooks Ventus tires, Rage Motif 17 in. wheels. Tribal pinstrips by Palmer (who else), Color match paint by Etouchup.com, Plugs and wires by Sparkplugs.com, http://members.cardomain.com/rodrungtpt
Old 18 Jul 2003, 09:36 am
Senior Cruiser

What I want to know is this. If someone buys a Stage I, then later decides to sell it for whatever reason, I *assume* the computer can be re-flashed with the new owner's VIN, Mileage, etc.This is provided of course that the dealers have the freaking equipment to do it by then.With my current money situation, I may wait till Stage II comes out and try and pick up a deal on a used Stage I.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 18 Jul 2003, 11:44 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Reguardless of what ANYBODY says, hang on to your old ECU and injectors. When you sell, bone stock will always has the highest resale value, and in California as in many other states, YOU warrant that the car you sell is a DEQ compliant vehicle, and could be liable for repairs and fines for modifications that are non DEQ compliant!
Old 20 Jul 2003, 09:08 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ZZCruzr

Kirby - You mean to tell me that a modified used Turbo GT only driven at the dragstrip by a little ol' lady on Sunday's has less value in California than a stock GT?
Gee, I thought California was cooler than that!
Black Clearcoat 2003 Turbo GT w/gray leather interior...rear splash guards, stainless door sills, air bag decals, red painted brake calipers, BTG duals, AMX cold air intake, Blaine hood struts, ZZcruZr third brake light diffuser, AutoVation pedals, MoMo F16 Evo red gearshift.
Old 20 Jul 2003, 11:13 am
Fanatic Cruiser

In North Carolina you have the local dragster dealership, in California they look like plain-jane used car dealerships, and the buyers usually haul their families in stead of a nitrous bottle.

Seriously, many people in this area are caught unaware that they must certify DEQ compliance (and have a current smog test) if they trade in or sell. There is the option to sell your car as "salvage" though.