PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
who has installed stg 1 kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Jul 2003, 10:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift
Default who has installed stg 1 kit

has anyone installed their stg 1 kit yet?

i plan to install mine this weekend and what do you guys think of the 13 pages of instructions?

i hope everyone enjoys their stg 1

thanks tommy
Old 01 Aug 2003, 01:01 am
Cool Cruiser

Like I said..If you can change your oil you can preform the S1 mod.
Old 01 Aug 2003, 01:14 am
Regular Cruiser

ME! ME! Mine is in! What a diff! Boost to 14-15 and holds at 12! Breaks the tires loose from a rolling start. And that's with it in Drive. Redline seems to be a little higher shifting at almost 6300. The shifts are solid with no more brrraaaap between gears and no loss of boost. I am headed to the strip Friday nite to wipe up some more ricers! I'll let everyone know the results, but so far the butt dyno likes it!

Stage I, custom 3\" exhaust & Cowl Intake, Mopar BOV, Dual gauge pod w/vac-boost & A/F meters, Hood Struts, Yokohama ES-100\'s
Best 1/4 so far: 14.489 @ 93.65, best 1/8: 9.222 @ 74.261
Old 01 Aug 2003, 03:04 am
Cool Cruiser

still waiting

hopefully tthrift will have good news for me today when he gets back to work. then we can get my install on video.

EDIT: just got word from tthrift that he's sending my s1 kit out UPS today [?]

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 01 Aug 2003, 12:52 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PT-Dave

ME! ME! Mine is in! What a diff! Boost to 14-15 and holds at 12! Breaks the tires loose from a rolling start. And that's with it in Drive. Redline seems to be a little higher shifting at almost 6300. The shifts are solid with no more brrraaaap between gears and no loss of boost. I am headed to the strip Friday nite to wipe up some more ricers! I'll let everyone know the results, but so far the butt dyno likes it!
Couldn't be happier for you! Please take some pictures if you can.
Old 01 Aug 2003, 02:19 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kirby
Couldn't be happier for you! Please take some pictures if you can.
Thanks, Kirby! Like a dumba$$, I left my camera at home when I went to a friend's house to do the install. He chastised me for not bringing it, but since I live some 35 miles from him, we went ahead and did it sans photos.

I will say that this is really a simple job. Granted, my friend has 12 years experience working on Mopars and had some air tools and had worked on several non-turbo PTs before, so that made it look much easier than if I had tried to do it myself with conventional hand tools. Unlike me, he knew what size sockets to grab the first time, every time. The 3/8" drive air ratchet was also invaluable for the more difficult to get to bolts on the back of the upper intake and the PCM. It took less than 2 hours from start to finish, including a 30 minute fan enhanced cool down period. It was all done in his driveway in the somewhat HOT Texas heat, too! Of course, a couple of brewskies didn't hurt![8D]

Was it worth it? You bet! The difference in normal driving is impressive to say the least. Much quicker turbo response and I absolutely love the firmer and quicker shifts. They are not harsh by any means, just quicker.

More details on performance gains after tonight's trip to the strip! Wish me luck in whipping up on the ricers!

Stage I, custom 3\" exhaust & Cowl Intake, Mopar BOV, Dual gauge pod w/vac-boost & A/F meters, Hood Struts, Yokohama ES-100\'s
Old 01 Aug 2003, 04:44 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

PT-Dave,

Enjoy kiking the riceboys buts!!!!

Remember to post tomorow...

Ian
Old 01 Aug 2003, 05:55 pm
Senior Cruiser

Me too! [?]but it's raining![xx(]That tranny process is a pain[:0]
ps~ thanks for the BOV Tommy! Good luck on your install![^]
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 06 Aug 2003, 02:26 pm
Cool Cruiser

Hey, those of you that have installed the Stage one kit -- what has it done to your gas mileage. NO, not when you are hot rodding it, under normal drive conditions???

Mike
Old 06 Aug 2003, 03:07 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mike Radowski

Hey, those of you that have installed the Stage one kit -- what has it done to your gas mileage. NO, not when you are hot rodding it, under normal drive conditions???

Mike
Don't know yet, since I have only been through one tank so far. I got about 40 miles less on that tank, but then I made about 15 runs at the strip, plus I can't keep from punching it! [8D]

I'll know a little more how it shakes out after this next tank, as I will not have a track night included. I have still punched it 3-4 times, but not for an 1/8 like at the strip. We'll see for sure when I fill up, but it looks like I will lose a little mileage. I'm sure that I can blame the Stage I, but only because I am having so much fun with it. [8D]